all posts post new thread

Repeat Until Strong.

Pavel , quick question:
Do you think it’s better to progress to timeless sinister using the step progressions per S&S 2.0 book or do you think using a barbell for a few cycles to build strength is a better choice? Thank you

Pavel , quick question:
Do you think it’s better to progress to timeless sinister using the step progressions per S&S 2.0 book or do you think using a barbell for a few cycles to build strength is a better choice? Thank you

I don't know - I personally follow just S&S, as it suits my needs.

I would say S&S will have a great transfer to your barbell work - the other way around, not necessary that much.

Today's pic

Oh, the IG posts do not work...

Everyone, there are changes afoot at Facebook and Instagram that are changing the way IG links appear here on our forum, and elsewhere as well. Suffice it to say that we are aware of these changes, not happy about having to deal with them, and looking into way to restore the previous functionality as much as possible. No reply necessary, just FYI.

Important! You can still click on the link and be taken to Instagram, you just no longer see it embedded here as you used to - for now.

-S-

Apology for not updating my log last week - I was super busy with various projects, plus helping one of my friends to save his gym.

I wasn't writing, but I was still lifting: swings and get-ups with 48 kg Beast, my main training weight.

This is the plan - I will:

- lift 3 times a week, as usually
- I will alternate sessions A and B (A-B-A, next week B-A-B)
- Sessions A: 10x10 one-arm swings with 56 kg, 1x10 get-ups with 48 kg
- Sessions B: one-arm swings with 48 kg - working on density. I will swing for 5 mins, start with 5 swings every 30 secs, and gradually proceed (in next weeks/months) to 6 swings every 30 secs, 7 swings every 30 secs... Possibly, but not necessary to 10 swings every 30 secs (which would be the Timed Sinister). I will keep doing get-ups as usual, 1x10 with 48 kg as well.

Today's practice: Towards the Timed "Sinister"
  • Goblet Squats: 3 sets of 5 with 56 kg, 15 squats total
  • One-arm swings: 10 sets of 10 with 56 kg, 100 swings total.
  • Get-ups: 10 sets of 1 with 48 kg (alternating left and right), 10 get-ups total.

Apology for not updating my log last week - I was super busy with various projects, plus helping one of my friends to save his gym.

I wasn't writing, but I was still lifting: swings and get-ups with 48 kg Beast, my main training weight.

This is the plan - I will:

- lift 3 times a week, as usually
- I will alternate sessions A and B (A-B-A, next week B-A-B)
- Sessions A: 10x10 one-arm swings with 56 kg, 1x10 get-ups with 48 kg
- Sessions B: one-arm swings with 48 kg - working on density. I will swing for 5 mins, start with 5 swings every 30 secs, and gradually proceed (in next weeks/months) to 6 swings every 30 secs, 7 swings every 30 secs... Possibly, but not necessary to 10 swings every 30 secs (which would be the Timed Sinister). I will keep doing get-ups as usual, 1x10 with 48 kg as well.

You indirectly answered a question I asked you awhile back. Dekuji vam

- Daily, in the morning: GGP: The Great Gama Protocol [ONLINE COURSE] | SIMPLEXSTRONG
- 2x/week - easy review of SFG I/SFG II skills plus StrongFirst RESILIENT | StrongFirst
- 5x/week - Chinese martial arts and MMA
Thanks for the insight, Pavel.

Any benefit for a recreational strength/endurance athlete to use the A/B protocol you described in your “S&C for MMA” article, utilizing push presses alternated with getups, rather than straight S&S?

Back
Top Bottom