all posts post new thread

Repeat Until Strong.

Thanks for the insight, Pavel.

Any benefit for a recreational strength/endurance athlete to use the A/B protocol you described in your “S&C for MMA” article, utilizing push presses alternated with getups, rather than straight S&S?

Stick to S&S, to at least timed "Simple", then decide what to do next: Many options. If you are an endurance athlete, I would suggest some of our StrongEndurance programs.

Stick to S&S, to at least timed "Simple", then decide what to do next
Achieved timed Simple a few years ago and currently at timeless with the 36. Will likely continue with that approach through “Solid” ... was just wondering if the push presses were something to consider, as I enjoyed that article.

Achieved timed Simple a few years ago and currently at timeless with the 36. Will likely continue with that approach through “Solid” ... was just wondering if the push presses were something to consider, as I enjoyed that article.

It is an option, but for GPP, I would personally:

- switch to ROP
- switch to snatch and bent press
- continue to "Solid"

The program mentioned in the article is for fighters.

It is an option, but for GPP, I would personally:

- switch to ROP
- switch to snatch and bent press
- continue to "Solid"

The program mentioned in the article is for fighters.
Thanks again, Pavel! I'll stick with S&S towards "Solid" for now, and then reevaluate when I get there.

Today's practice: Towards the Timed "Sinister"
  • Goblet Squats: 3 sets of 5 with 56 kg, 15 squats total
  • One-arm swings: 10 sets of 6 with 48 kg in 5 mins, (6 swings every 30 secs), 60 swings total.
  • Get-ups: 10 sets of 1 with 48 kg (alternating left and right), 10 get-ups total.
Note: 6 swings every 30 secs - not hard, I am still able to pass the talk test between sets. Let's see when it starts to be more difficult.

• One-arm swings: 10 sets of 10 with 56 kg, 100 swings in total.
  • Get-ups: 10 sets of 1 with 48 kg (alternating left and right), 10 get-ups in total.

• Goblet Squats: 3 sets of 5 with 48 kg, 15 squats total
  • One-arm swings: 10 sets of 6 with 48 kg in 5 mins, (6 swings every 30 secs), 60 swings total.
  • Get-ups: 10 sets of 1 with 48 kg (alternating left and right), 10 get-ups total.

• Get-ups: 10 sets of 1 with 48 kg (alternating left and right), 10 get-ups in total.

6s are pretty easy - 7s next week. Let's see how it goes!

• One-arm swings: 10 sets of 7 with 48 kg in 5 mins, (7 swings every 30 secs), 70 swings total.
After the swings, I told my training buddies: "Well, 7s start to be a bit difficult" - and my friends were laughing: "Hey, you can still talk comfortably, no prob - it doesn't look like it is difficult".
True, I can still pass the talk test. 7s are not that difficult.

Back
Top Bottom