all posts post new thread

Repeat Until Strong.

Today's practice: Towards the Timed "Sinister"
  • Goblet Squats: 3 sets of 5 with 56 kg, 15 squats total
  • One-arm Swings: 10 sets of 10 with 56 kg, 100 swings in total.
  • Get-ups: 10 sets of 1 with 48 kg (alternating left and right), 10 get-ups in total.

• Goblet Squats: 3 sets of 5 with 48 kg, 15 squats total
  • One-arm swings: 10 sets of 8 with 48 kg (8 swings every 30 secs), 80 swings in 5 minutes total.
  • Get-ups: 10 sets of 1 with 48 kg (alternating left and right), 10 get-ups in 10 minutes total.
I took more than 1-minute rest after the swings. RPE (both swings and get-ups) about 7-8. Good,

Thu to this Mon - Family Time

• Goblet Squats: 3 sets of 5 with 48 kg, 15 squats total
  • One-arm swings: 10 sets of 9 with 48 kg (9 swings every 30 secs), 90 swings in 5 minutes total.
  • Get-ups: 10 sets of 1 with 40 kg (alternating left and right), 10 get-ups total.
Swings RPE - well, about 8. Just 10 swings less than the Sinister test. Get-ups felt heavy today for some reason. Probably those 7 hours in the train.

Last edited:
New Year's Practice Session: Towards the Timed "Sinister"
  • Goblet Squats: 3 sets of 5 with 56 kg, 15 squats total
  • One-arm Swings: 10 sets of 10 with 56 kg, 100 swings in total.
  • Get-ups: 10 sets of 1 with 48 kg (alternating left and right), 10 get-ups in total.
New Year's Resolution

Keep the course. Hold the line.

Today's practice: Royal S&S

- move prep, 3 rounds of:
16 kg - armbar to Brettzel arm bar, kneeling hip flexor stretch with kettlebell overhead - 5x, Hack squat - 5x.

- snatch - high volume session: 4x28 kg, 4x 32 kg, 4x32 kg, 4x32 kg, 4x 32 kg, 4x28 kg, 4x28 kg, 4x28 kg, 4x28 kg 4x28 kg - always left, rest, right, rest (= 1 set), 10 sets each hand, 20 sets total.

- bent presses - medium volume session:
2x32 kg, 2x36 kg, 2x36 kg, 2x36 kg, 2x36 kg, 2x32 kg, 2x32 kg - always left and right, rest (= 1 set), 7 sets each hand, 14 sets total.
Forgive my ignorance, but is this
Today's practice: Royal S&S

- move prep, 3 rounds of:
20 kg - armbar to Brettzel arm bar, kneeling hip flexor stretch with kettlebell overhead - 5x, Hack squat - 5x.

- snatches - high volume session: 6x 32 kg, 6x 32 kg, 6x32 kg, 6x32 kg, 6x32 kg, 6x32 kg, 6x32 kg, 6x32 kg, 6x32 kg, 6x32 kg, OTM, always left, rest, right, rest (= 1 set), 10 sets each hand, 20 sets total.

- bent presses - medium volume session:
2x36 kg, 2x40 kg, 2x40 kg, 2x40 kg, 2x40 kg, 2x40 kg, 2x40 kg, always left and right, rest (= 1 set), 7 sets each hand, 14 sets total.
forgive my ignorance, but is this 10 minutes for the snatches or 20 minutes? Is it left, rest, right, rest all in the same minute or is is left, rest for remainder of minute, right, rest for remainder of minute? Thanks so much to anyone that can clarify!

@Klaibe :

- 20 mins
- on the minute - i.e. snatch, one hand, and rest for the remainder of minute, then the other hand
- there is more to it - is a whole program. Please wait till it is published. I just finished a major project, so I will be back to it.

@Klaibe :

- 20 mins
- on the minute - i.e. snatch, one hand, and rest for the remainder of minute, then the other hand
- there is more to it - is a whole program. Please wait till it is published. I just finished a major project, so I will be back to it.
Thank you for clarifying! And I’m very much looking forward to the full program! I’m currently working toward “solid” and am hoping to switch to your royal s&s program next!

@Klaibe :

- 20 mins
This is the best news I’ve heard all year!

My long term goal is to pursue the snatch and bent press, once I’ve got Simple and the ROP done. So to have a program available written by one of the masters will be excellent. I much prefer to follow someone else’s system than to figure it out myself. Thanks for all your hard work Pavel! I hope the forge goes well.

Last edited:
Today's Practice Session: Towards the Timed "Sinister"
  • Goblet Squats: 3 sets of 5 with 56 kg, 15 squats in total.
  • One-Arm Swings: 10 sets of 10 with 56 kg (alternating left and right), 100 swings in total.
Note: Get-ups in less than 10 mins. Good.

Back
Top Bottom