all posts post new thread

Repeat Until Strong.

Great! Heavy!
When will you attack Sinister?

I did, about 2 months ago, but I was really tired after swings and didn't want to risk the get-ups, so I switched to different peaking protocol. Next week I should switch to 10x10 swings with 48 kg in 5 minutes (today I did 3rd time 10x9), so let's see how it goes. Still not so easy as I wish to.

Today's practice: Towards the Timed "Sinister"
  • Goblet Squats: 3 sets of 5 with 48 kg, 15 squats total
  • One-arm swings: 10 sets of 9 with 48 kg (9 swings every 30 secs), 90 swings in 5 minutes total.
  • Get-ups: 10 sets of 1 with 48 kg (alternating left and right), 10 get-ups total.
Swings: RPE about 8.
Get-ups: Not heavy, but kind of shaky, I actually lost the very first rep. Lot's of stress and public pressure lately, that's why. Well, that's what we train for, right?

Yesterday: Speaking at the Manifestation for Freedom and Responsibility

Short speech for a "fitness" segment - with the main message being: "Gyms are not the problem - gyms are part of the solution".

• One-arm Swings: 10 sets of 10 with 56 kg, 100 swings in total.
  • Get-ups: 10 sets of 1 with 48 kg (alternating left and right), 10 get-ups in total.
  • Stoicism: Surfing the (expected) love/hate wave on social media.

What on earth is there to hate?!
I know - you'd have to ask the oligarchs who fund all the mindless neo-Bolsheviks to promote and defend their Communitarian agenda.

At least we can see George Soros' "Open Society" for what it really is now that it is coming into view - open for those who belong in what George Carlin called "The Big Club", and shut-down for the rest of us...

I know - you'd have to ask the oligarchs who fund all the mindless neo-Bolsheviks to promote and defend their Communitarian agenda.

At least we can see George Soros' "Open Society" for what it really is now that it is coming into view - open for those who belong in what George Carlin called "The Big Club", and shut-down for the rest of us...

I live in Australia, and the American situation still affects us... indirectly so, but it’s there.

Hilarious bit though!

• One-arm swings: 10 sets of 10 with 48 kg (10 swings every 30 secs), 100 swings in 5 minutes total. Sinister.
  • Get-ups: 10 sets of 1 with 48 kg (alternating left and right), 10 get-ups total.
100 swings in 5 mins, or 10 get-ups in 10 minutes, with the Beast - no problem. With 1 minute rest in-between, well, challenging. I like challenges. Onwards and upwards!

• Goblet Squats: 3 sets of 5 with 56 kg, 15 squats total
  • One-arm Swings: 10 sets of 10 with 56 kg, 100 swings in total.
  • Get-ups: 10 sets of 1 with 48 kg, 10 get-ups in total.

• One-arm swings: 10 sets of 6 with 48 kg (6 swings every 30 secs), 60 swings in 5 minutes total, one-minute rest, and then
Note: working on getting used to do get-ups with shorter rest after the swings. I did 6 in 6 mins, then I took a longer rest and finished the remaining 4.

• One-arm swings: 10 sets of 10 with 48 kg (10 swings every 30 secs), 100 swings in 5 minutes total - Sinister
Swings RPE: I would say about 8. I am getting used to embracing the suck. Generally.

Last edited:
  • One-arm swings: 10 sets of 8 with 48 kg (8 swings every 30 secs), 80 swings in 5 minutes total.
Swings: RPE about 7.

• One-arm Swings: 10 sets of 6 with 48 kg (6 swings every 30 secs), 60 swings in 5 minutes total

• One-arm swings: 10 sets of 10 with 48 kg (10 swings every 30 secs), 100 swings in 5 minutes total - Sinister

• One-arm swings: 10 sets of 8 with 48 kg (8 swings every 30 secs), 80 swings in 5 minutes total.

Monday's practice: Towards the Timed "Sinister"
  • One-arm swings: 10 sets of 8 with 48 kg (6 swings every 30 secs), 60 swings in 5 minutes total.
Very easy session. Good.

Pretty good session. Good.

• One-arm swings: 10 sets of 6 with 48 kg (6 swings every 30 secs), 60 swings in 5 minutes total, one-minute rest, and then
Very easy session. Well, easy day. Good.

Back
Top Bottom