all posts post new thread

Repeat Until Strong.

Today's practice: Towards the Timed "Sinister"
  • Goblet Squats: 3 sets of 5 with 48 kg, 15 squats total
  • One-arm Swings: 10 sets of 10 with 48 kg (10 swings every 30 secs), 100 swings in 5 minutes total - Sinister
  • Get-ups: 10 sets of 1 with 48 kg (alternating left and right), 10 get-ups total.
Pretty good session. Good.

Hey @Pavel Macek , looks like you dropped the 2H swings every third day. Any reason for doing so? I saw them in your training log and started doing them myself on the path towards “Solid” right now.

Hey @Pavel Macek , looks like you dropped the 2H swings every third day. Any reason for doing so? I saw them in your training log and started doing them myself on the path towards “Solid” right now.
Sean,

- 56 kg was too light.
- I am focusing on density and peaking. SAID.

At your current level, keep the two-hand swings.

Yesterday's practice: Towards the Timed "Sinister"
  • One-arm swings: 10 sets of 8 with 48 kg (8 swings every 30 secs), 80 swings in 5 minutes total.
  • Get-ups: 10 sets of 1 with 48 kg (alternating left and right), 10 get-ups total.
  • Side split stretches: wide goblet squats, adductor flies with ankle weights, isometric side split

• One-arm swings: 10 sets of 8 with 48 kg (8 swings every 30 secs), 80 swings in 5 minutes total.
  • Side split stretches: wide goblet squats, adductor flies with ankle weights, isometric side split
Epic work, sir.
Would you consider doing Tactical Getup instead of TGU along with Swings as S&S? If yes how would you set Simple requirements for this substitute?

• One-arm swings: 10 sets of 6 with 48 kg (6 swings every 30 secs), 60 swings in 5 minutes total, one-minute rest, and then
Very easy session. Well, easy day. Good.

Last edited:
Epic work, sir.
Would you consider doing Tactical Getup instead of TGU along with Swings as S&S? If yes how would you set Simple requirements for this substitute?

No. I would do the tactical get-up (and many other get-up variations, e.g. SOS get-up, high bridge get-up, overhead squat get-up, etc.) with a light kettlebell, on variety days.

Side split stretches: wide goblet squats, adductor flies with ankle weights, isometric side split
Hello sir,

Question about your side split practice:
are you doing the wide goblet squat the way Tom Kurz describes them, with feet parallel, or as a standard squat, just a bit wider?

Hello sir,

Question about your side split practice:
are you doing the wide goblet squat the way Tom Kurz describes them, with feet parallel, or as a standard squat, just a bit wider?

- squats - wide GSQ, feet turned out. My hips feel better.
- standing isometric side split - feet parallel, but straight knees.
-...for time being - I will see how my hips will feel - I will adjust if needed.

- squats - wide GSQ, feet turned out. My hips feel better.
- standing isometric side split - feet parallel, but straight knees.
-...for time being - I will see how my hips will feel - I will adjust if needed.
Thank you for the answer.
I am experimenting with "Kibadachi goblet squats" at the moment, so I was curious.

Thank you for the answer.
I am experimenting with "Kibadachi goblet squats" at the moment, so I was curious.

Imho a very good drill. Please let me know how it goes and what is your opinion, sir!

Reactions: jef
  • Goblet Squats: 3 sets of 5 with 48 kg, 15 squats total.
  • One-arm Swings: 10 sets of 10 with 48 kg (10 swings every 30 secs), 100 swings in 5 minutes total - Sinister.
  • Side split stretches: wide goblet squats, adductor flies, isometric side split

• One-arm Swings: 10 sets of 6 with 48 kg (6 swings every 30 secs), 60 swings in 5 minutes total.
  • Get-ups: 10 sets of 1 with 48 kg (alternating left and right), 10 get-ups in 10 minutes total - Sinister.
  • Side Split Stretches: wide goblet squats, adductor flies with ankle weights, isometric side split

• Goblet Squats: 3 sets of 5 with 48 kg, 15 squats total.
  • One-arm Swings: 10 sets of 10 with 48 kg (10 swings every 30 secs), 100 swings in 5 minutes total - Sinister.
  • Side split stretches: wide goblet squats, adductor flies, isometric side split

Back
Top Bottom