all posts post new thread

Repeat Until Strong.

And those usually take longer to recover vs when it's your grip that is fried..

The grip is perfectly ok. Breath - pretty good. Legs and butt - not bad, but still, I believe it can be better. We will see.

Maybe an experiment using 24 kg for the the goblet squats for a week or so would provide some answers.

Apology, I don't understand. If you mean that my legs are tired after the GSQs with 48, I would say this is not the case. Not heavy, plus I have plenty of rest between the sets, and before the swings.

If you mean that my legs are tired after the GSQs with 48, I would say this is not the case.
I was thinking more about the total practice session. 15 GSQs with 48 kg is very good however that may be too much of a good thing in the same practice session. Two ways to test that theory are a lighter KB or performing the heavy GSQs at a different time of the day or on a different day if the S&S is not daily. Your legs and butt will tell you if it makes a difference.

I was thinking more about the total practice session. 15 GSQs with 48 kg is very good however that may be too much of a good thing in the same practice session. Two ways to test that theory are a lighter KB or performing the heavy GSQs at a different time of the day or on a different day if the S&S is not daily. Your legs and butt will tell you if it makes a difference.
For the test - I will definitely do them lighter.
For practice - I will keep 48. 3 sets of 5 are really, really easy.

Today's practice: Towards the Timed "Sinister"
  • Goblet Squats: 3 sets of 5 with 48 kg, 15 squats total
  • One-arm Swings: 10 sets of 8 with 48 kg (6 swings every 30 secs), 80 swings in 5 minutes total
  • Get-ups: 10 sets of 1 with 48 kg (alternating left and right), 10 get-ups total.
  • Side split stretches: wide goblet squats, adductor flies with ankle weights, isometric side split
Per Pavel's recommendation, I have added various breathing drills from our Second Wind curriculum to my S&S practice. Huge difference, I am amazed. I am thinking of writing an article about it.

Hello, Quick question:
About what point in your simple and sinister journey did you swith to 3 x a week?

... and which way you hold the 48 kg bell during the goblet squats? Do you grab the horns, bell upside down or the way the book explains? I ask, because I want to improve my form.

Last edited:
... and which way you hold the 48 kg bell during the goblet squats? Do you grab the horns, bell upside down or the way the book explains? I ask, because I want to improve my form.
I have a special grip that allows me to do bodyweight GSQs - a topic of another upcoming article. For time being, follow S&S.

Hello, Quick question:
About what point in your simple and sinister journey did you swith to 3 x a week?

Up to 40 kg, I did S&S almost daily.
From 40 kg to 48 kg, I cut it to 4x/week.
Once I moved to 48 kg, I did not recover that well. Right now, I am doing S&S 3x/week, and the recovery is great.

Thank you for your reply. Another question if you don’t mind : did you always stick with the recommended 8kg jumps in bell size or did you ever use 4kg jumps?

I used 4 kg jumps - but at the same time, I cut the weight of the lighter kettlebell. Example: Once 40 kg became my new main training weight, I started to incorporate 44 kg, but instead of using 40 kg and 44 kg, I used 36 kg and 44 kg.

Today's practice: Towards the Timed "Sinister"
  • Goblet Squats: 3 sets of 5 with 48 kg, 15 squats total
  • One-arm Swings: 18 sets of 6 with 48 kg (6 swings every 30 secs), 108 swings in 8 minutes total
  • Get-ups: 10 sets of 1 with 48 kg (alternating left and right), 10 get-ups total
  • Side split stretches: wide goblet squats, adductor flies with ankle weights, isometric side split
Today's note: Second Wind breathing exercises work like magic. I am very impressed.

I was flipping through some of the pictures you posted and came across this one. Is this basically what you do? Do you ever feel the need to squeeze in a third "feeding" during the eight hours? Or do you feel two meals is enough?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200120-223746_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20200120-223746_Samsung Internet.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 21
I was flipping through some of the pictures you posted and came across this one. Is this basically what you do? Do you ever feel the need to squeeze in a third "feeding" during the eight hours? Or do you feel two meals is enough?

Yes, that is what I basically do.

Intermittent fasting is very flexible - just do what suits you best, there are many, many ways how to do it (one day on, one day off; 12:12, 16:8, 20:4; OMAD - one meal a day; 5:2 - 5 days of regular eating, 2 days caloric restriction... many other ). The current research says that 12+ hours of fasting means you are already reaping many benefits.

Back
Top Bottom