all posts post new thread

Repeat Until Strong.

Thank you. I've been having a meal like shake at noon and one on the way home from work around 330pm and then a solid meal with the family between 6-7 pm.

Thank you. I've been having a meal like shake at noon and one on the way home from work around 330pm and then a solid meal with the family between 6-7 pm.
Note (and that's personal preference): I am not fond of shakes, and I use them very rarely. The number #1 rule of a healthy diet still applies - the quality of the food (in the feeding phase of intermittent fasting) matters, a lot.

Today's practice: Towards the Timed "Sinister"
  • Goblet Squats: 3 sets of 5 with 48 kg, 15 squats total
  • One-Arm Swings: 10 sets of 10 with 48 kg (10 swings every 30 secs), 100 swings in 5 minutes total - Sinister.
  • Get-Ups: 10 sets of 1 with 48 kg (alternating left and right), 10 get-ups total
  • Side Split Stretches: wide goblet squats, adductor flies with ankle weights, isometric side split

• One-arm Swings: 12 sets of 8 with 48 kg (6 swings every 30 secs), 96 swings in 6 minutes total
  • Get-ups: 10 sets of 1 with 48 kg (alternating left and right), 10 get-ups total.
  • Side split stretches: wide goblet squats, adductor flies with ankle weights, isometric side split with 8 kg kettlebell

• One-arm Swings: 18 sets of 6 with 48 kg (6 swings every 30 secs), 108 swings in 8 minutes total
  • Get-ups: 10 sets of 1 with 48 kg (alternating left and right), 10 get-ups total
  • Side split stretches: wide goblet squats, adductor flies with ankle weights, isometric side split

Yesterday's practice: Towards the Timed "Sinister"
  • One-arm Swings: 12 sets of 8 with 48 kg (6 swings every 30 secs), 96 swings in 6 minutes total
  • Get-ups: 10 sets of 1 with 48 kg (alternating left and right), 10 get-ups total.
  • Side split stretches: wide goblet squats, adductor flies with ankle weights, isometric side split with 8 kg kettlebell

• One-arm Swings: 18 sets of 6 with 48 kg (6 swings every 30 secs), 108 swings in 8 minutes total
  • Get-ups: 10 sets of 1 with 48 kg (alternating left and right), 10 get-ups total
  • Side split stretches: wide goblet squats, adductor flies with ankle weights, isometric side split

• One-Arm Swings: 10 sets of 10 with 48 kg (10 swings every 30 secs), 100 swings in 5 minutes total - Sinister.
  • Get-Ups: 10 sets of 1 with 48 kg (alternating left and right), 10 get-ups total
  • Side Split Stretches: isometric side split
A bit of QL pain - I suspect the stretching. Serious side split work is no joke. I will take it easier until the end of the week.

Today's practice

Still healing the tweaked QL, so just easy stretching. Way better, but it still hurts.

Otherwise, day 4 of my very first 5 days fast.

Wow.

Did you do something to "prep" for such a long fast? Eat a few huge meals, like a bear getting ready to hibernate?

Or, did you just wake up one morning and decide "I think I won't eat this week"?

Actually, I had a rather small dinner last Thursday, my last meal. The goal is not to hibernate, but to rejuvenate. The current research on prolonged fasts is absolutely, absolutely fascinating.

Actually, I had a rather small dinner last Thursday, my last meal. The goal is not to hibernate, but to rejuvenate. The current research on prolonged fasts is absolutely, absolutely fascinating.
Thanks for this Pavel! Have been looking into it.
Seems it may even prevent cancer through apoptosis... could you provide some source?
thank you kindly Sir!

Back
Top Bottom