all posts post new thread

Repeat Until Strong.

Lol. Thank you the insight. I was just curious what you were eating in twoish meals to sustain and fuel the machine

@Pavel Macek for how long did you practice flexible steel before achieving the splits?
I own the front split, it is not difficult to get there. I am still working on my side split - that takes and will take longer, I have never done it, even when I was a kid/teenager.

It suits me very well - it may (or may not) suit you as well. We as species are highly flexible and thrive on various kinds of "diets". Give it a try for a month and you will find out yourself.
I'm on keto since April 12 this year, and since then I've lost about 8 kg, maintained strength on approximately the same level, but what is more I feel great. I fast regularly 16:8, sometimes I broke the fast with a cup of coffee with MCT oil.

Yes, and on my heavy training days (3x/week) rice or potatoes or sweet potatoes as well. Check out this blueprint:

If you eat a LOT (per your other post) and a decent amount of your diet is animal food, and, from what I understand, you're not a heavy guy (70 kg?), then isn't your protein naturally on the higher side, rather than moderate or medium?

I could see you easily getting 140 grams of protein or at the lower end 105 grams per day. This would put you at 1.5 - 2 gram per kg of bodyweight of protein, which is towards the higher end.

If you eat a LOT (per your other post) and a decent amount of your diet is animal food, and, from what I understand, you're not a heavy guy (70 kg?), then isn't your protein naturally on the higher side, rather than moderate or medium?

I could see you easily getting 140 grams of protein or at the lower end 105 grams per day. This would put you at 1.5 - 2 gram per kg of bodyweight of protein, which is towards the higher end.
I eat a LOT - but not a LOT of protein: I keep a medium protein intake.
I am a half-vegetarian: I eat meat + a LOT of veggies.

I eat a LOT - but not a LOT of protein: I keep a medium protein intake.
I am a half-vegetarian: I eat meat + a LOT of veggies.
Thanks for the reply. It seems there's so many ideas about protein and lifting. And protein shakes and bars being shoved down our throats.

Like you are doing, I've heard other high level lifters recently advocate moderate / medium protein for muscles and strength, rather than the higher amounts.

It's interesting that your strength and physique is plain for all to see, but you're not fuelling it on excessive amounts of protein.

Thanks for the reply. It seems there's so many ideas about protein and lifting. And protein shakes and bars being shoved down our throats.

Like you are doing, I've heard other high level lifters recently advocate moderate / medium protein for muscles and strength, rather than the higher amounts.

It's interesting that your strength and physique is plain for all to see, but you're not fuelling it on excessive amounts of protein.
Depends on the goals: Hypertrophy? Performance? Health? Longevity?

Looks good! How far are you from Timed Sinister?
I have done Timed Sinister swings and get-ups many times (20+) - just with a longer break in-between swings and get-ups (longer than 1 minute) - so pretty close. I was supposed to peak about 2 months ago, but then I hurt my back (QL, in the side split stretches).
Well, I know it takes long, but well, the journey is the goal.

Summer camp of my martial arts school (20th edition!), Second Wind, travelling... Back in the gym, for time being.

Today's Practice: Timeless Sinister
  • 3x5 goblet squat, 10x10 one-arm swing, 10x1 get-up, all with 48 kg
A bit heavier than usual, but still good.

Back
Top Bottom