all posts post new thread

Repeat Until Strong.

Today's Anniversary: Remember, Remember the 5th of November...

One of my most favorite movies (and comics books, and soundtracks) of all time.

Today's Anniversary: Remember, Remember the 5th of November...

One of my most favorite movies (and comics books, and soundtracks) of all time.

Loved the movie back in the day, and I really enjoy watching it annually. Today I kinda wonder what a sequel would've been like though.

Yesterday's Practice: Timeless Sinister
  • 3x5 goblet squat with 56 kg
  • 10x10 two-arm swings with 56 kg
  • 10x1 get-ups with 48 kg
This is truly impressive.
May I ask: What kind of warm up / movement prep are you currently doing before you hit your goblet squats? Or are you already so warm from teaching etc that you just step up to the bell?
Sincerely,
Someone down the path from you on the S&S journey.

Inspirational work as always! I'm returning to S&S with a 28 after a year or so away from the program doing other things. Your training is a huge motivation to me. Especially the consistency!

Today's Practice: Timeless Sinister
Time to peak - but slowly. This will be my Monday session. Wednesday session will use 48 kg for swings - and I will gradually cut the time. Friday, same as above, but two-arm swings. Let's see how it goes.

Your log is such an inspiration. An altar to S&S. I'm so impressed, that I'm going to give S&S one more chance, after a long brake I think it's what I need.

Today's Practice: Timeless Sinister
Time to peak - but slowly. This will be my Monday session. Wednesday session will use 48 kg for swings - and I will gradually cut the time. Friday, same as above, but two-arm swings. Let's see how it goes.
Pavel! Another “lurker” inspired by your log. Seems you have taken the S&S 2.0 “high road” for swings, progressively substituting 48kg swings for 56kg swings, but not in the case of TGU. My take is that you are looking for enough strength reserve in the first half, so that you are not too winded/ strained to tackle the TGU. Would love to hear your thoughts. Thanks in advance. Francisco

Pavel! Another “lurker” inspired by your log. Seems you have taken the S&S 2.0 “high road” for swings, progressively substituting 48kg swings for 56kg swings, but not in the case of TGU. My take is that you are looking for enough strength reserve in the first half, so that you are not too winded/ strained to tackle the TGU. Would love to hear your thoughts. Thanks in advance. Francisco
Yes, that is the goal. I have the strength reserve - I just need to get used to more glycolytic sessions.

Back
Top Bottom