all posts post new thread

Repeat Until Strong.

I am a huge fan of dumbbells - I will actually teach the very first Hardstyle Dumbbell Lifting Fundamentals workshop in France: Hard Style Dumbbell Lifting - StrongFirst France

A dumbbell swing is a different animal - a great lift, but quite different from the kettlebell swing. Please see here: One-Arm Dumbbell Swing Tutorial [Free Video & .pdf Manual] - SIMPLEXSTRONG

The great advantage of the IPM program I am working on (again) is that it can be done with a kettlebell, dumbbell, or barbell. The bent press is pretty similar in all cases, dumbbell snatch and one-arm barbell snatch are of course different.
Thank you Pavel. I have downloaded your excellent Dumbbell Swing tutorial and would compare it more to the KB snatch than the swing (though different to the KB snatch). Looking forward to your IPM program.

Thank you Pavel. I have downloaded your excellent Dumbbell Swing tutorial and would compare it more to the KB snatch than the swing (though different to the KB snatch). Looking forward to your IPM program.
Yes, we could call it "swing-snatch". Still, dumbbell snatch proper is a different lift.

Hello @Pavel

A while ago, you wrote a great article about reaching Solid, and running a few test along the way.

Did you run some tests after Sinister (such as a press, a deadlift, a n km run / ruck) ?

Kind regards,

Pet'

Hello @Pavel

A while ago, you wrote a great article about reaching Solid, and running a few test along the way.

Did you run some tests after Sinister (such as a press, a deadlift, a n km run / ruck) ?

Kind regards,

Pet'
I haven't announced it much, but last summer, I won the "pound-for-pound" strongest man ZA Challenge - while doing only S&S.

Congrats on Sinister mate very inspirational.
I know your the Hindu Squat man and im just wondering if doing Hindu squats alongs side a kettlebell swing/snatch program would complement each other or interfere with progression?
Thanks in advance

Today's Practice: IPM

-Move prep: 3 rounds of: 16 kg - Brettzel armbar; kneeling hip flexor stretch with kettlebell overhead - 5x; Hack squat - 5x.

-Kettlebell snatch, 32kg- 8 sets of 4 each hand, 16 sets total.
-Kettlebell bent press, 32kg - 8 sets of 2 each hand, 16 sets total.
-Stretching

...and as the 32kg on my right felt really light:

-Move prep: 3 rounds of: 16 kg - Brettzel armbar; kneeling hip flexor stretch with kettlebell overhead - 5x; Hack squat - 5x.

-Kettlebell snatch, 32kg- 6 sets of 4 each hand, 12 sets total.
-Kettlebell bent press, 32kg - 10 sets of 2 each hand, 20 sets total.
-Stretching
-...and something for fun (see the video)

Great work! I see the comparison of swings/ snatches above, and presume it applies to one handed swings vs snatches.

How would the equation change comparing 2H swings (with as heavier bell) vs Snatch?

-Kettlebell snatch, 32kg- 6 sets of 4 each hand, 12 sets total.
-Kettlebell bent press, 32kg - 6 sets of 2 each hand, 12 sets total.
-Stretching

Squat Challenge 30/30 - Please Join Me!

Back
Top Bottom