all posts post new thread

Repeat Until Strong.

I managed 7 kip-ups in a row. It was hard. What Are the benefits og dumbell clean and press versus kettlebell clean and press ?

Hello,

Overall, what is the 'advantage' of kip ups over 'commando pull ups' and HLR ?

Kind regards,

Pet'

I managed 7 kip-ups in a row. It was hard. What Are the benefits og dumbell clean and press versus kettlebell clean and press ?
7 - good. Pavel will give some tips on how to include them in the training. I was shooting the video multiple times, man, I am still sore!

Dumbbell C&P vs kettlebell C&P - "same, but different" - similar, with some crucial differences. My number 1 choice would be still kettlebell, but dumbbells are everywhere, you can get loadable dumbbells, and specifically for this drill (with one dumbbell), it is way easier and faster to learn it with the dumbbell.

Would you recommend starting someone new to kettlebells with simple and sinister or the programing from your article 3 month comprehensive beginner?

Alright, restarting my daily training log! Lots of traveling and teaching, so for some time (before tackling a long-term IPM snatch & bent press program), I will be testing the other project that I am working on called LTC: Linking the Chain.

LTC is based on the famous Goerner's Chain, a chain of drills he used to do with kettlebells and dumbbells: (swing)-snatch > press > clean > press, proceeding from the lightest bell to the heaviest, and starting with the light bell again - usually 30 mins with kettlebells and 30 mins with dumbbells.

I have designed various versions of the Chain, both with kettlebells and dumbbells, incorporating some of our key StrongFirst programming principles.

LTC is also the "Program Minimum" of my dumbbell project. So, here we go:

Wednesday's Practice: LTC
  • KB - 30 mins - snatch, press, clean, press - 12 to 24 kg kettlebell
  • DB - 30 mins - swing, press, clean, press - 2 different dumbbells (can’t remember the weight, need to bring extra bar from my other gym)

Today's Practice: LTC
  • KB - 15 mins - clean, press - 12 to 28kg kettlebell
  • DB - 15 mins - swing, press, clean - 2 different dumbbells (can’t remember the weight, need to bring extra bar form my other gym)
Old video of the Chain with Dumbbell - I need to shoot a new one.

Grats on finishing the program! Another major accomplishment, recently got my old adjustable bar from my mom’s house and have been letting the wife use it. May need to try it out a bit.

• Kettlebell, 20 mins: clean, press, clean, press - 12, 16, 20, 24, 28 kg kettlebells
  • Dumbbell, 20 mins: overhead swing, press, clean, press - 17,5and 22,5kg dumbbells

• Kettlebell - 30 mins - snatch, press, clean, press - 12kg, 16kg, 20kg, 24kg, 28kg kettlebells
  • Dumbbell - 15 mins - overhead swing, press, clean - 17,5kg, 22,5kg and 27,5kg dumbbells

Back
Top Bottom