all posts post new thread

Repeat Until Strong.

After reading thru your log I just might need to stick to S&S!

What kind of meals do you eat??
Mostly meat and veggies, berries, eggs. Occasionally some sweet potatoes, potatoes, and rice.
Paleo/Keto. Intermittent fasting.

Yesterday's Practice: LTC
  • Kettlebell - 15 mins - snatch, press, clean - 12kg, 16kg, 20kg, 24kg, 28 kg kettlebells
  • Dumbbell - 20 mins - clean, press, clean, press - 17,5kg, 22,5kg, 27,5kg dumbbells

Today’s Practice: LTC
  • Kettlebell - 20 mins - snatch, press, snatch, press - 12 to 28 kg kettlebells
  • Dumbbell - 30 mins - overhead swing, press, clean, press - 17,5kg, 22,5kg, 27,5kg dumbbells

What might an example of those meals look like?

And what makes you decide when or when not to eat rice and potatoes?
For example, yesterday: Slow cooker- beef with broccoli, onions, some herbs, and some potatoes. Simple, tasty.
On my lifting days, I eat more carbs.
On my non-lifting days, I eat less/zero carbs. I also shoot for 2-3 vegetarian days/week. Meat and carbs for strength, veggies for health - and it also helps me with my mediation and mindfulness practice.

• Kettlebell - 30 mins - snatch, press, clean - 12 to 28 kg kettlebells
  • Dumbbell - 20 mins - overhead swing, press, clean - 17,5kg, 22,5kg, 27,5kg dumbbells
Plus Power Stretching - side split

Hi Pavel, I’ve been doing S&S for over 15 consecutive months now, and would like to switch to a new program for a while. I would like to start your Snatch and Bent Press program from your training log and I have a quick question. Is there a “Simple” and “Sinister” equivalent in your program? (i.e. specific goals to shoot for)

Btw, I do own Timeless Solid and Timed Simple, and I have a bell in each size from 16kg to 48kg, so I hope that I am able to start your program.

Hi Pavel, I’ve been doing S&S for over 15 consecutive months now, and would like to switch to a new program for a while. I would like to start your Snatch and Bent Press program from your training log and I have a quick question. Is there a “Simple” and “Sinister” equivalent in your program? (i.e. specific goals to shoot for)

Btw, I do own Timeless Solid and Timed Simple, and I have a bell in each size from 16kg to 48kg, so I hope that I am able to start your program.
I am currently not accepting new test subjects, but well, alright.- Shoot a snatch/bent press technique video, post it here, and let's see.

Please review the prerequisites
  • At least "Simple" standard both for swings and get-ups. Preferably more than “Simple”
  • “You should have the 1-h swing mastered before you attempt frequent and/or high volume snatching with a heavy load.” (Al Ciampa).
  • Preferably ROP/SFG2 press standard - ladies 1/3 bodyweight military press, gentlemen 1/2 bodyweight military press.
  • Excellent overhead shoulder mobility.
  • Excellent snatch & bent press technique.
  • Access to various kettlebell weights.
  • Frequency: Almost daily practice - 3-4 times a week seems ideal, or 1 day on, 1 day off.
  • Consistency and sticking to the training plan for a few months.

• Kettlebell - 20 mins - snatch, press, clean, press - 16 to 28 kg kettlebells
  • Dumbbell - 30 mins - overhead swing, press, overhead swing, press - 17,5kg, 22,5kg, 27,5kg dumbbells
...and side split stretching.

• Kettlebell - 30 mins - snatch, press, clean - 20kg, 24kg, 28 kg kettlebells
  • Dumbbell - 20 mins - clean, press, clean, press - 17,5kg, 22,5kg, 27,5kg dumbbells
...and side split stretching.

Back
Top Bottom