all posts post new thread

Repeat Until Strong.

@Pavel Macek - question- How do you try do less carbs with vego diet?? I am trying this myself and it's very difficult. What are food choices?
Some ideas for less carbs on a vegetarian diet: Eggs, whey and skyr are your friends. Nuts and lentils are helpful, too. Indian dhal with yoghurt is a nice staple. Change the order of foods and start your meals with more veggies and protein, e.g., start with a salad with cheese (e.g., feta, or haloumi). Recently I often eat skyr with fruits instead of oatmeal, or as post-workout meal or dessert. (However, skyr might only be available here in northern Europe)

Hi @Pavel Macek , any tips for remediating biceps tendinitis? Been dealing with it for 4 months now. Proximal (at shoulder insertion) and distal (near crease of elbow). Appreciate any advice!

Some ideas for less carbs on a vegetarian diet: Eggs, whey and skyr are your friends. Nuts and lentils are helpful, too. Indian dhal with yoghurt is a nice staple. Change the order of foods and start your meals with more veggies and protein, e.g., start with a salad with cheese (e.g., feta, or haloumi). Recently I often eat skyr with fruits instead of oatmeal, or as post-workout meal or dessert. (However, skyr might only be available here in northern Europe)
Skyr is available here in Canada in the grocery store. I guess it’s similar to Greek Yoghurt but the taste and texture are different.

Quick Update:

Still practicing and lifting (of course), but my busy schedule (traveling, teaching, other work) doesn't allow me to jump on the desired program. If everything goes well, I will jump on a program in October.

Today's Pic:

Today's Practice: IPM

Most of the traveling is over; my shoulder (MMA injury) and knee (pride and stupidity) are all good, so let's get back on track with a long-term program, kettlebell snatches, and bent presses so I can finish the draft of the book on the subject.
  • Move prep: Brettzel armbar; kneeling hip flexor stretch with a kettlebell overhead; Cossack squat
  • Kettlebell snatch: Medium volume, 8 sets of 4 reps with 24kg (left hand, rest; right hand, rest, OTM), 64 reps total
  • Kettlebell bent press: Medium volume, 8 sets of 2 reps with 24kg (left hand, rest; right hand, rest), 32 reps total
Super light intro session, just reviewing the technique.

Last edited:
  • Kettlebell snatch: Medium volume, 8 sets of 4 reps with 24kg (left hand, rest; right hand, rest, OTM)
  • Kettlebell bent press: Medium volume, 8 sets of 2 reps with 24kg (left hand, rest; right hand, rest)
I assume this mean 8x4 and 8x2 per arm? Or total?

• Mobility: Brettzel armbar; kneeling hip flexor stretch with a kettlebell overhead; Hack squat, all with 16kg kettlebell
  • Kettlebell snatch: High volume, 10 sets each arm, 4, 4, 6, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4 reps with 24kg (left hand, rest; right hand, rest, OTM), 84 reps total
  • Kettlebell bent press: Low volume, 6 sets each arm, 2, 2, 3, 2, 2, 2 reps with 24kg (left hand, rest; right hand, rest), 26 reps total

Last edited:
  • Mobility: Brettzel armbar; kneeling hip flexor stretch with a kettlebell overhead; Hack squat, all with 16kg kettlebell
  • Kettlebell snatch: Low volume, 6 sets each arm, 4, 4, 6, 6, 4, 4 reps with 24kg (left hand, rest; right hand, rest, OTM), 56 reps total
  • Kettlebell bent press: Medium volume, 8 sets each arm, 2, 2, 3, 3, 2, 2, 2, 2 reps with 24kg (left hand, rest; right hand, rest), 36 reps total

• Kettlebell snatch: Medium volume, 8 sets each arm, 4, 4, 6, 6, 6, 4, 4, 4 reps with 24kg (left hand, rest; right hand, rest, OTM), 76 reps total
  • Kettlebell bent press: High volume, 10 sets each arm, 2, 2, 3, 3, 3, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2 reps with 24kg (left hand, rest; right hand, rest), 40 reps total
The light weight entry cycle feels so good - my snatch has vastly improved with the new techniques introduced by Tim Almond (deep grip) and other stuff I have incorporated ("Lion's Roar" snatch, double inhale, and double exhale... ). Bent press is obviously super light, but after my shoulder injury du to the missed spinning backfist in MMA, I don't want to rush it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom