all posts post new thread

Repeat Until Strong.

Good morning. As the resident s&s expert, I was wondering if I could ask you a question?
I want to achieve sinister by my forty eight birthday. I just thought it would be a cool goal 48 by or on my 48th. The question is I wouldn't mind a little more muscle. I was thinking of adding a press at the top (standing) of the get up. Good idea or bad? Should I clean and then press or just press?
An added question. I follow a 16/8 eating pattern similar to yours. I was thinking of doing something along the lines of your morning recharge, eating at noon, s&s after work at 330pm and having supper after that. Maybe a prebed snack at 8pm.
Thank you,
@Pavel Macek

Last edited by a moderator:
Good morning. As the resident s&s expert, I was wondering if I could ask you a question?
I want to achieve sinister by my forty eight birthday. I just thought it would be a cool goal 48 by or on my 48th. The question is I wouldn't mind a little more muscle. I was thinking of adding a press at the top (standing) of the get up. Good idea or bad? Should I clean and then press or just press?
An added question. I follow a 16/8 eating pattern similar to yours. I was thinking of doing something along the lines of your morning recharge, eating at noon, s&s after work at 330pm and having supper after that. Maybe a prebed snack at 8pm.
Thank you,
@Pavel Macek

My suggestions and notes:

- keep doing S&S
- on your variety days, do 3-5 ladders of (1, 2, 3, 4, 5) with a kettlebell you can press about 8-10 times. Keep the rest periods shorter.
- if you want to add muscle mass, add a squat - e.g., double kettlebell front squat or barbell back squat. Note: you will be sore - it may be counterproductive to your S&S goal.
- if you want to add muscle mass, you need to eat more/more often, add some carbs, have enough protein, and enough sleep.
- so, in a nutshell, make clear what your priority is - Sinister, or?

Today's Practice: IPM
  • Mobility: Brettzel armbar; kneeling hip flexor stretch with a kettlebell overhead; Hack squat, all with 20kg kettlebell
  • Kettlebell snatch: high volume, 12 sets each arm, 4, 4, 6, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4 reps with 28kg, left hand, rest; right hand, rest, OTM, 100 reps total
  • Kettlebell bent press: high volume, 12 sets each arm, 2, 2, 3, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2 reps with 32kg, left hand, rest; right hand, rest, 50 reps total
New phase - adding reps: Snatch - from 4 to 6. Bent press - from 2-3.

• Mobility: Brettzel armbar; kneeling hip flexor stretch with a kettlebell overhead; Hack squat, all with 20kg kettlebell
  • Kettlebell snatch: very low volume, 6 sets each arm, 4, 4, 6, 6, 4, 4 reps with 28kg, left hand, rest; right hand, rest, OTM, 56 reps total
  • Kettlebell bent press: medium volume, 10 sets each arm, 2, 2, 3, 3, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2 reps with 32kg, left hand, rest; right hand, rest, 44 reps total

• Kettlebell snatch: low volume, 8 sets each arm, 4, 4, 6, 6, 6, 4, 4, 4 reps with 28kg, left hand, rest; right hand, rest, OTM, 76 reps total
  • Kettlebell bent press: low volume, 8 sets each arm, 2, 2, 3, 3, 3, 2, 2, 2 reps with 32kg, left hand, rest; right hand, rest, 38 reps total

BLACK FRIDAY - 40% TIME LIMITED DISCOUNT!

THE FORGE: Full Year’s Transformation Program [ONLINE COURSE]

Imagine who you could be in a year from now…
Healthy. Strong. Muscular. Courageous. Confident. Calm. Resilient. Antifragile.

Enter The Forge: your ultimate transformation program – from zero to hero.

>>> THE FORGE: Full Year's Transformation Program [ONLINE COURSE] - SIMPLEXSTRONG

52 instructional videos, accompanying articles, and extra .pdf downloads

• Kettlebell snatch: high volume, 12 sets each arm, 4, 4, 6, 6, 6, 6, 4, 4, 4, 4 , 4, 4 reps with 28kg, left hand, rest; right hand, rest, OTM, 112 reps total
  • Kettlebell bent press: medium volume, 10 sets each arm, 2, 2, 3, 3, 3, 3,, 2, 2, 2, 2 reps with 32kg, left hand, rest; right hand, rest, 48 reps total

• Kettlebell snatch: low volume, 8 sets each arm, 4, 4, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 4, reps with 28kg, left hand, rest; right hand, rest, OTM, 84 reps total
  • Kettlebell bent press: low volume, 8 sets each arm, 2, 2, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 2 reps with 32kg, left hand, rest; right hand, rest, 42 reps total

Pavel, I'm finally able to Swing the Beast 10/10 One-Arm, and would like to should I swing it Two-Arm every second, or third session, or stick to One-Arm variation but step back to 40kg every other session?

Pavel, I'm finally able to Swing the Beast 10/10 One-Arm, and would like to should I swing it Two-Arm every second, or third session, or stick to One-Arm variation but step back to 40kg every other session?
How is your get-up? Are you training for Sinister Challenge?

Feel very comfortable with 24, and introducing 32. It would be great to reach Sinister some day.
Every 3rd session or so, do two-hand swings with your 48.
Gradually but patiently, drive your get-up numbers up.

Back
Top Bottom