all posts post new thread

Repeat Until Strong.

Today's Practice: IPM
  • Mobility: Brettzel armbar; kneeling hip flexor stretch with a kettlebell overhead; Hack squat, all with 20kg kettlebell
  • Kettlebell snatch: very low volume, 6 sets of 4 each arm - 28kg, 32kg, 32kg, 32kg, 32kg, 32kg; left hand, rest; right hand, rest, OTM, 48 reps total.
  • Kettlebell bent press: very low volume, 6 sets of 2 each arm, 32kg, 40kg, 40kg, 40kg, 40kg, 40kg; left hand, rest; right hand, rest, 24 reps total.

[WEBINAR] The Bent Press—The King of Lifts

StrongFirst Certified Instructors, I look forward to seeing you on April 15th, 2023, from 10:00 AM until 12:00 PM Eastern Standard Time, at the webinar on the kettlebell Bent Press with @Brett Jones , our DOE!

bent-press.jpg

–Setting the foundation—t-spine, arm bar, bent arm bar
–Half kneeling progression
–Standing bent press details
–Saxon vs. Ansorge style
–Saxon and Inch technique details
–Answering your questions (as submitted at registration)
–And more…

Check your email for the link and password!

Note: Exclusive webinar for StrongFirst Certified Instructors only.

• Mobility: Brettzel armbar; kneeling hip flexor stretch with a kettlebell overhead; Hack squat, all with 20kg kettlebell
  • Kettlebell snatch: medium volume, 10 sets of 4 each arm - 28kg, 32kg, 32kg, 32kg, 32kg, 32kg, 32kg, 32kg, 32kg, 32kg; left hand, rest; right hand, rest, OTM, 80 reps total.
  • Kettlebell bent press: medium volume, 10 sets of 2 each arm, 32kg, 40kg, 40kg, 40kg, 40kg, 40kg, 40kg, 40kg, 40kg, 40kg, 40kg; left hand, rest; right hand, rest, 40 reps total.

• Kettlebell snatch: high volume, 12 sets of 4 each arm - 28kg, 32kg, 32kg, 32kg, 32kg, 32kg, 32kg, 32kg, 32kg, 32kg, 32kg, 32kg; left hand, rest; right hand, rest, OTM, 96 reps total.
  • Kettlebell bent press: high volume, 12 sets of 2 each arm, 32kg, 40kg, 40kg, 40kg, 40kg, 40kg, 40kg, 40kg, 40kg, 40kg, 40kg, 40kg, 40kg;left hand, rest; right hand, rest, 48 reps total.

• Kettlebell snatch: high volume, 12 sets of 4 each arm - 28kg, 32kg, 32kg, 32kg, 32kg, 32kg, 32kg, 32kg, 32kg, 32kg, 32kg, 32kg; left hand, rest; right hand, rest, OTM, 96 reps total.
  • Kettlebell bent press: high volume, 12 sets of 2 each arm, 32kg, 40kg, 40kg, 40kg, 40kg, 40kg, 40kg, 40kg, 40kg, 40kg, 40kg, 40kg, 40kg;left hand, rest; right hand, rest, 48 reps total.
I read your training log quite often and have noticed that since you made the transition to Imperial S&S that your snatches are done on the minute and was wondering why you do them this way. I'm not knocking it at all, I do all my swings and snatches OTM as well. I do them OTM as a way to regulate the training I'm getting in regarding volume in a set time period. I was just wondering what your reasons for OTM was. Great work!

I read your training log quite often and have noticed that since you made the transition to Imperial S&S that your snatches are done on the minute and was wondering why you do them this way. I'm not knocking it at all, I do all my swings and snatches OTM as well. I do them OTM as a way to regulate the training I'm getting in regarding volume in a set time period. I was just wondering what your reasons for OTM was. Great work!
Snatches on the minute in my program are similar to snatches in our A+A programs - although the volume is lower. I found out it suits me and my students really well.

• Kettlebell snatch: very low volume, 6 sets of 4 each arm - 28kg, 32kg, 32kg, 32kg, 32kg, 32kg; left hand, rest; right hand, rest, OTM, 48 reps total.
  • Kettlebell bent press: very low volume, 6 sets of 2 each arm, 32kg, 40kg, 40kg, 40kg, 40kg, 40kg; left hand, rest; right hand, rest, 24 reps total.
[WEBINAR] The Bent Press—The King of Lifts

StrongFirst Certified Instructors, I look forward to seeing you on April 15th, 2023, from 10:00 AM until 12:00 PM Eastern Standard Time, at the webinar on the kettlebell Bent Press with @Brett Jones , our DOE!

View attachment 21046

–Setting the foundation—t-spine, arm bar, bent arm bar
–Half kneeling progression
–Standing bent press details
–Saxon vs. Ansorge style
–Saxon and Inch technique details
–Answering your questions (as submitted at registration)
–And more…

Check your email for the link and password!

Note: Exclusive webinar for StrongFirst Certified Instructors only.
Hi Pavel
How can I Register for the live of the webinar tomorrow?
I haven't received any email yet.
Should I check in the Webinar section of the Certified Instructor Only of strongfirst.com or there is any other way? Thanks a Lot.
Fabrizio

Hi Pavel
How can I Register for the live of the webinar tomorrow?
I haven't received any email yet.
Should I check in the Webinar section of the Certified Instructor Only of strongfirst.com or there is any other way? Thanks a Lot.
Fabrizio
Please contact @Brett Jones , our DOE.

• Kettlebell snatch: medium volume, 10 sets of 4 each arm - 32kg, 32kg, 32kg, 32kg, 32kg, 32kg, 32kg, 32kg, 32kg, 32kg;left hand, rest; right hand, rest, OTM, 80 reps total.
  • Kettlebell bent press: very low volume, 6 sets of 2 each arm, 40kg, 40kg, 40kg, 40kg, 40kg, 40kg;left hand, rest; right hand, rest, 24 reps total.
End of cycle. After increasing the weight, I will increase the reps - snatch 4 > 6, bent press 2 > 3.

• Kettlebell bent press, 40kg: low volume, 8 sets of 2, 3, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2; left hand, rest; right hand, rest, 34 reps total.
  • Kettlebell snatch, 32kg: very low volume, 6 sets of 4, 6, 4, 4, 4, 4; left hand, rest; right hand, rest, OTM, 42 reps total.
A couple of changes:
- I will start one session with the bent press, and the next session with the snatch, and will alternate the lifts in this manner.
- I will add 1 rep/week (bent press), or 2 reps/week (snatch), until all 2s are replaced by 3s (bent press), and 4s are replaced by 6s (snatch).

Dear @Pavel Macek,
at first, congrats for the Bent Press Webinar of last Saturday with DOE @Brett Jones , I found it very useful.
I am on my 6th week of IPM standard program, doing Snatch and Bent Press.
Just to let you know, I am completing the 2nd phase; I am doing 6 reps of snatch with a 28Kg and a 3 reps of Bent Press with a 32 Kg.
By the way, if you have just a couple of minute, I'd like to submit two videos of different execution of the bent press. I use to do the first one technique, with my legs bent at the bottom position, avoiding the squat. In the second video I straight my leg untill the bottom position of the lift, than squat a little bit and stand up woth the weight overhead. Just for you, as a suggestion for me, which one is better execute or fits better for your opinion?
Thank you
Fabrizio
Here are the two link

Dear @Pavel Macek,
at first, congrats for the Bent Press Webinar of last Saturday with DOE @Brett Jones , I found it very useful.
I am on my 6th week of IPM standard program, doing Snatch and Bent Press.
Just to let you know, I am completing the 2nd phase; I am doing 6 reps of snatch with a 28Kg and a 3 reps of Bent Press with a 32 Kg.
By the way, if you have just a couple of minute, I'd like to submit two videos of different execution of the bent press. I use to do the first one technique, with my legs bent at the bottom position, avoiding the squat. In the second video I straight my leg untill the bottom position of the lift, than squat a little bit and stand up woth the weight overhead. Just for you, as a suggestion for me, which one is better execute or fits better for your opinion?
Thank you
Fabrizio
Here are the two link
Fabrizio, thank you for your kind words.

Both versions are legit; the second one may be useful when you start bent press really heavy - you will use your legs more, not your back, to stand up. I usually bent pressed like your first video, but since I started o work more on the variation in your second video, I feel it saves my back a lot.

• Kettlebell snatch, 32kg: low volume, 8 sets of 4, 6, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4; left hand, rest; right hand, rest, OTM, 68 reps total.
  • Kettlebell bent press, 40kg: medium volume, 10 sets of 2, 3, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2; left hand, rest; right hand, rest, 42 reps total.

• Kettlebell bent press, 40kg: low volume, 8 sets of 2, 3, 3, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2; left hand, rest; right hand, rest, 36 reps total.
  • Kettlebell snatch, 32kg: high volume, 12 sets of 4, 6, 6, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4; left hand, rest; right hand, rest, OTM, 104 reps total.

• Mobility: Brettzel armbar; kneeling hip flexor stretch with a kettlebell overhead; Hack squat, all with 24kg kettlebell
  • Kettlebell snatch, 32kg: very low volume, 6 sets of 4, 6, 6, 4, 4, 4; left hand rest; right hand, rest, OTM, 56 reps total.
  • Kettlebell bent press, 40kg: medium volume, 10 sets of 2, 3, 3, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2; left hand, rest; right hand, rest, 44 reps total.

Back
Top Bottom