all posts post new thread

Repeat Until Strong.

Today's practice: Royal S&S

- move prep: 16 kg - armbar to bent arm bar, pump - 5x, cossack - 10x
- snatch - medium session: 8 sets each hand: 4 (24 kg), 4 (28 kg), 4 (28 kg), 28 (28 kg), 4 (24 kg), 4 (24 kg), 4 (24 kg), 4 (24 kg) - always left, rest, right, rest (= 1 set)
- bent presses - light session: 6 sets each hand: 2 (28 kg), 2 (32 kg), 2 (32 kg), 2 (32 kg), 2 (28 kg), 2 (28 kg) - always left and right, rest (= 1 set)

@ShawnM In my current program, "light"refers to the volume, i.e. 6 sets. Medium is 8 sets, heavy 10.

Anyway, "light" and "heavy" is relative - what is light for me might be somebody else's max, my max is somebody else's warm up. What matters - we are all getting stronger then we were before!

How did your win Hoff workshop go? Inlightening? Weird? Both? Just curious I've heard of wim hoff but didn't know what to think, and I trust your opinion.

How did your win Hoff workshop go? Inlightening? Weird? Both? Just curious I've heard of wim hoff but didn't know what to think, and I trust your opinion.

I am using cold showers for few years now, and on January 1st I started to do the WHM breathing exercises as well and continued to do them for 150 days without break before I switched to other breathing exercises from my style of Chinese martial arts which brings similar benefits plus more.

Generally, I like the concept and method, which is actually very simple - you can learn it probably in 1 hour, and read the rest (the sciency info) elsewhere.

I learned few details which kind of joined the dots, but honestly, if you get the phone app which teaches the basics, and start practice, you will get 90% of the necessary info. 7 hour workshop is in my opinion too long.

To me, breathing exercises and cold exposure is important (but only one) piece in the puzzle - and I like the sciency part of it more that the "New Age" one.

Side note: We should all appreciate that Pavel doesn't want StrongFirst to be "Pavel's Method" (that is why don't have StrongFirst by Pavel banners anymore, although the gentleman definitely deserves such credit) - he wants StrongFirst to be method of all of us. Of course he is our guru, but he avoids the guru thing as much as he can, and that is why I respect him even more.

Thanks @Pavel Macek
Thanks for the Info, I'd heard of ice baths cold showers and stuff but honestly didn't know what to think of it. I get what you mean about Pavel T. He is wealth of knowledge and excellent books have given me huge gains in S&C, and strongfirst instructors give out so much good information! I appreciate your time!

- move prep, 3 rounds of: 16 kg - armbar to bent arm bar, pump - 5x, Hack squat - 5x.
- snatch - hard session: 10 sets each hand: 4 (24 kg), 4 (28 kg), 4 (28 kg), 28 (28 kg), 4 (28 kg), 4 (24 kg), 4 (24 kg), 4 (24 kg), 4 (24), 4 (24) - always left, rest, right, rest (= 1 set)
- bent presses - medium session: 8 sets each hand: 2 (28 kg), 2 (32 kg), 2 (32 kg), 2 (32 kg), 2 (32 kg), 2 (28 kg), 2 (28), 2 (28) - always left and right, rest (= 1 set)

- move prep, 3 rounds of: 16 kg - armbar to bent arm bar, pump - 5x, Hack squat - 5x.

armbar + press lying on the floor = bent arm bar, OK (this is in David Whitley's book)
pump ?? what is it?
hack squat - I know :)

You increase the number of repetitions. How do you choose the series number?

armbar + press lying on the floor = bent arm bar, OK (this is in David Whitley's book)
pump ?? what is it?
hack squat - I know :)

You increase the number of repetitions. How do you choose the series number?

Pump - see ETK, similar to upward/downward dog in Yoga

# of sets - dice throw. 1 = easy , 6 sets. 2, 3, 4 = medium, 8 sets. 5, 6 = hard, 10 sets. And it has to be different than last session. Courtesy Strong Endurance.

@NoahMarek I hope that at that time the program will be tested and already published at the StrongFirst blog. And if not, ping me a message and I will send it to you. And thank you for your kind words.

- snatch - medium session: 8 sets each hand: 4 (24 kg), 4 (28 kg), 4 (28 kg), 28 (28 kg), 4 (28 kg), 4 (28 kg), 4 (24 kg), 4 (24 kg) - always left, rest, right, rest (= 1 set)
- bent presses - hard session: 10 sets each hand: 2 (28 kg), 2 (32 kg), 2 (32 kg), 2 (32 kg), 2 (32 kg), 2 (32 kg), 2 (28), 2 (28), 2 (28), 2 (28) - always left and right, rest (= 1 set)

Reactions: DCM
OK :)

"3 rounds of:
16 kg - armbar to bent arm bar"

Is it one rep per side?

Yes. I do arm bar, 5 breaths, bring the knee up and bent armbar, 5 breaths. Then the other side.

Back
Top Bottom