all posts post new thread

Repeat Until Strong.

Today's practice: Royal S&S

- snatch - light volume session: 4x32 kg, 6x 32 kg, 6x32 kg, 6x32 kg, 6x 32 kg - 5 sets each hand, 10 sets total.

- bent presses - light volume session: 2x36 kg, 3x36 kg, 3x36 kg, 3x36 kg, 3x36 kg, - always left and right, rest (= 1 set), 5 sets each hand, 10 sets total.

- snatches - no snatches today. Not exactly torn callus, but small cut under one finger.

- bent presses - medium volume session: 2x36 kg, 3x36 kg, 3x36 kg, 3x36 kg, 3x36 kg, 3x36 kg, 3x36 kg - always left and right, rest (= 1 set), 7 sets each hand, 14 sets total.

- move prep, 3 rounds of: 20 kg - armbar to Brettzel arm bar, kneeling hip flexor stretch with kettlebell overhead - 5x, Hack squat - 5x.

- snatch - medium volume session: 4x32 kg, 6x 32 kg, 6x32 kg, 6x32 kg, 6x32 kg, 6x32 kg, 6x32 kg - always left, rest, right, rest (= 1 set), 7 sets each hand, 14 sets total.

- bent presses - medium volume session: 2x36 kg, 3x36 kg, 3x36 kg, 3x36 kg, 3x36 kg, 3x36 kg, 3x36 kg - always left and right, rest (= 1 set), 7 sets each hand, 14 sets total.

Last edited:

- move prep, 1 round of: 20 kg - armbar to Brettzel arm bar, kneeling hip flexor stretch with kettlebell overhead - 5x, Hack squat - 5x.

- snatch - high volume session: 4x32 kg, 6x 32 kg, 6x32 kg, 6x32 kg, 6x32 kg, 6x32 kg, 6x32 kg, 6x32 kg, 4x32 kg, 4x32 kg, always left, rest, right, rest (= 1 set), 10 sets each hand, 20 sets total.

- bent presses - high volume session: 2x36 kg, 3x36 kg, 3x36 kg, 3x36 kg, 3x36 kg, 3x36 kg, 3x36 kg, 3x36 kg, 2x32 kg, 2x32 kg, always left and right, rest (= 1 set), 10 sets each hand, 20 sets total.

@Pavel Macek- I'm sorry if this has been asked, are you having any shoulder or whatever issues with snatching so often. I see you wave volume with your weight and reps pretty much staying the same. Thanks for the pics and the great log.

@Pavel Macek- I'm sorry if this has been asked, are you having any shoulder or whatever issues with snatching so often. I see you wave volume with your weight and reps pretty much staying the same. Thanks for the pics and the great log.

Just occasional callus - that’s all. If you spend enough time on get-ups and proper snatch technique, there should not be any problems at all, even with much higher volume. High volume in the context of RSAS means - high volume in the context of RSAS. Minimum effective dose.

I wave the number of sets, and gradually change the number of reps, or weight.

Great, thanks for the quick response. Due to elbow issues I can't bent press but near daily snatch practice sounds good to me.

Osteoarthritis- After several surgeries I still have excess bone spurs that prevent me from fully bending or extending either arm, the right is the worst. I've managed to train around it as it won't ever be fully corrected. Life goes on.

Osteoarthritis- After several surgeries I still have excess bone spurs that prevent me from fully bending or extending either arm, the right is the worst. I've managed to train around it as it won't ever be fully corrected. Life goes on.

I am not sure if snatches won’t cause more troubles in the long run - please consult with a medical pro.

Tip from a coache’s perspective - hanging exercises are great. Start with few seconds, and gradually increase the the time. Very graduální. It may take a lot of time, but it is worth a shot. Patience and and consistency are the key.

- move prep, 1 round of: 20 kg - armbar to Brettzel arm bar, kneeling hip flexor stretch with kettlebell overhead - 5x, Hack squat - 5x.

- snatch - damn, new callus. No snatches.

- bent presses - high volume session: 3x36 kg, 3x36 kg, 3x36 kg, 3x36 kg, 3x36 kg, 3x36 kg, 3x36 kg, 3x36 kg, 3x36kg,3x36 kg, always left and right, rest (= 1 set), 10 sets each hand, 20 sets total.

I will drop the reps to 2, and start to insert sets with 40 kg. Double progression and waving the load works like a magic.

@Pavel Macek - I know you were in good shaoe before, but have you noticed any hypertrophy with this program? I'm currently doing an experimental Strong Endurance snatch protocol and my shoulders seem to be growing on a daily basis.

Back
Top Bottom