all posts post new thread

Repeat Until Strong.

Today's video

Special strength and forearm conditioning of our style of Chinese martial arts

Today's practice: Royal S&S

- move prep, 3 rounds:
20 kg - armbar to Brettzel armbar, kneeling hip flexor stretch with kettlebell overhead - 5x, Hack squat - 5x.

- snatches - medium volume session: 4x32 kg, 6x32 kg, 6x32 kg, 6x32 kg, 4x32 kg, 4x32 kg, 4x32 kg, OTM, always left, rest, right, rest (= 1 set), 7 sets each hand, 14 sets total.

- bent presses - light volume session: 2x40 kg, 3x40 kg, 3x40 kg, 3x40 kg, 2x40 kg, always left and right, rest (= 1 set), 5 sets each hand, 10 sets total.

- move prep, 3 rounds:
20 kg - armbar to Brettzel armbar, kneeling hip flexor stretch with kettlebell overhead - 5x, Hack squat - 5x.

- snatches - light volume session: 4x32 kg, 6x32 kg, 6x32 kg, 6x32 kg, 6x32 kg, OTM, always left, rest, right, rest (= 1 set), 5 sets each hand, 10 sets total.

- bent presses - medium volume session: 2x40 kg, 3x40 kg, 3x40 kg, 3x40 kg, 3x40 kg, 2x40 kg, 2x40 kg, always left and right, rest (= 1 set), 7 sets each hand, 14 sets total.

Sore and tired, lots of work - writing, translating, etc. - the dice throw was kind :)

I am traveling today to Slovakia to teach 2 workshops: One of them on get-up progressions and variations (Kallos Sthenos) and the second one on breathing. Excited!

I truly love the old photos you post here. I’d love to have a shirt made up of each one & your description on the back. Or a wall full of them in my workout space. Beautiful images.

Thank you for your kind words.

"The pistol honors the 'strength and health' ideal of our predecessors. Whether it becomes your leg strength exercise of choice or not, it is strongly advisable that you achieve the ability to perform pistols without a counterbalance and maintain it."

Learn the pistols at StrongFirst SFB Bodyweight Course: March 24th in StrongFirst Czechia, Prague!

pistol-squat.jpg

Please check out this extensive interview about martial arts, self-defense, combat sports and strength training.

Special thanks to my Sifu, and many friends, teachers and people who are great inspiration for me: Michael Goodwin, Ivan Rzounek, David Rogers, David Ross, Tim Cartmell, Burton Richardson, Erik Paulson, Phil Norman, Gracie Jiu-Jitsu Academy, my students, and many many others.

Last but not least, special thanks to @Pavel , my StrongFirst teachers, colleagues, and friends, and my patient and always supportive wife @Justyna Mackova

interview.jpg

LINK HERE >>> http://tma4mma.com/459-2/

Last edited:

- move prep, 3 rounds:

- snatches - high volume session: 4x32 kg, 6x32 kg, 6x32 kg, 6x32 kg, 6x32 kg, 6x32 kg, 4x32 kg, 4x32 kg, 4x32 kg, 4x32 kg, OTM, always left, rest, right, rest (= 1 set), 10 sets each hand, 20 sets total.

- bent presses - light volume session: 2x40 kg, 3x40 kg, 3x40 kg, 3x40 kg, 3x40 kg, always left and right, rest (= 1 set), 5 sets each hand, 10 sets total.

- move prep, 3 rounds:

- snatches - medium volume session: 4x32 kg, 6x32 kg, 6x32 kg, 6x32 kg, 6x32 kg, 6x32 kg, 6x32 kg, OTM, always left, rest, right, rest (= 1 set), 7 sets each hand, 14 sets total.

- bent presses - medium volume session: 2x40 kg, 3x40 kg, 3x40 kg, 3x40 kg, 3x40 kg, 3x40 kg, 3x40 kg, always left and right, rest (= 1 set), 7 sets each hand, 14 sets total.

skin.jpg
"Do not pay attention to what people say, only to what they do, and to how much of their necks they are putting on the line."

- Nassim Nicholas Taleb​

Can't wait to read his new book. Btw., how do you like the cover? Edward Aston used to practice with similar barbell, also, old-school dumbbell swing that I teach uses purposefully misloaded dumbbell. Taleb's "barbell strategy" is of course something different.

single-leg-squat.jpg

Can you get STRONG legs with dumbbells?

Yes, you can. And legendary Bob Hoffman will teach you how. Check out the new article on my SIMPLEXSTRONG blog.

I will be teaching step-by-step progressions at the StrongFirst SFB Bodyweight Course, March 24th, in Prague, and will also explain how to proceed from bodyweight to kettlebells and dumbbells. Pavel btw. mentions another option for dumbbell pistols in the SFB manual...

- move prep, 1 round:

- snatches - light volume session: 4x32 kg, 6x32 kg, 6x32 kg, 6x32 kg, 6x32 kg, OTM, always left, rest, right, rest (= 1 set), 5 sets each hand, 10 sets total.

- bent presses - high volume session: 2x40 kg, 3x40 kg, 3x40 kg, 3x40 kg, 3x40 kg, 3x40 kg, 3x40 kg, 3x40 kg, 2x40 kg, 2x40 kg, always left and right, rest (= 1 set), 10 sets each hand, 20 sets total.

- move prep, 1 round:
24 kg - armbar to Brettzel armbar, kneeling hip flexor stretch with kettlebell overhead - 5x, Hack squat - 5x.

- snatches - tweaked elbow from martial arts training (a bit), calluses, so no snatches today.

- bent presses - medium volume session: 2x40 kg, 3x40 kg, 3x40 kg, 3x40 kg, 3x40 kg, 3x40 kg, 3x40 kg, always left and right, rest (= 1 set), 7 sets each hand, 14 sets total.

Back
Top Bottom