all posts post new thread

Repeat Until Strong.

Today's practice: Royal S&S [for time being, no snatches]

- bent presses - medium volume session: 2x40 kg, 2x44 kg, 2x44 kg, 2x44 kg, 2x40 kg, 2x40 kg, 2x40 kg, always left and right, rest (= 1 set), 7 sets each hand, 14 sets total.

- pistols -
easy 3x5 with 16 kg

Last edited:
Today's photo

30261122_2053700454848390_8322086043280998400_n.jpg

Prof. Bernarr McFadden. Physical Culture, 1899. Ripped!

Today's practice: Royal S&S [for time being, no snatches]

- bent presses - high volume session: 2x40 kg, 2x44 kg, 2x44 kg, 2x44 kg, 2x44 kg, 2x40 kg, 2x40 kg, 2x40 kg, 2x40 kg, 2x40 kg, always left and right, rest (= 1 set), 10 sets each hand, 20 sets total.

- pistols -
easy 3x3 with 20 kg

Excellent video! It should clarify a lot of things for all participants of the TSC this Saturday. Thank you for sharing.

Excellent video! It should clarify a lot of things for all participants of the TSC this Saturday. Thank you for sharing.

Thank you @jef . Have fun on Saturday, and send my best regards to all my colleagues and friends!

Reactions: jef
Today's practice: Bent presses & pistols

- bent presses - low volume session: 2x40 kg, 2x44 kg, 2x44 kg, 2x44 kg, 2x44 kg, always left and right, rest (= 1 set), 5 sets each hand, 10 sets total.

- pistols -
easy 5x3 with 20 kg

Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday

Representing StrongFirst at FIBO, world biggest fitness expo. Apart from a lot of other lifting with weights from 16 to 24 kg, I did every day

- full SAS with 24
- full ROP with 24
- RSAS with 24 to stacked 24+12 (just bent presses)

Well, we were there at our Vibram Fivefingers stand form 10 AM to 6 PM every day (apart from Sunday when we finished earlier).

Here is a picture with our colleagues from TacFit:

1.jpg

Today's practice: Swings and Half Get-ups

- one-arm swings, light volume - 10x40 kg, 10x40 kg, 10x40 kg, OTM, always left, rest; right, rest. 6 sets total (sum of left and right)
- half get-ups, medium volume - 2x32 kg, 2x32 kg, 2x32 kg, 2x32 kg, 2x32 kg, always left+ right, rest. 10 sets total (sum of left and right)

Today's picture

Feats of strength performed by Eugen Sandow:

1. The “human bridge”.
2. The “bent press” with 2 small people inside the hollow spheres of the barbell
3. The “Roman column”: Sandow would bring his body to an upright position holding either a barbell or a man.
4. A pony (about 350 lbs.) would be hoisted into place with a block and tackle and Sandow would walk across the stage. Drawings by David P. Willoughby.

From Bill Pearl’s Getting Stronger: Weight Training for Sport.

sandow.jpg

Today's practice: Swings and Half Get-ups

- one-arm swings, light volume - 10x40 kg, 10x40 kg, 10x40 kg, OTM, always left, rest; right, rest. 6 sets total (sum of left and right)
- half get-ups, medium volume - 2x32 kg, 2x32 kg, 2x32 kg, 2x32 kg, 2x32 kg, always left+ right, rest. 10 sets total (sum of left and right)
Half get-ups...to tall sit? Kneeling windmill? Or reverse from lockout to kneeling windmill and back up? I recall you had an elbow issue with getups. I’ve heard the term half-getup before but never seen it defined.

Half get-ups...to tall sit? Kneeling windmill? Or reverse from lockout to kneeling windmill and back up? I recall you had an elbow issue with getups. I’ve heard the term half-getup before but never seen it defined.

Sean, pick up > floor press > roll to elbow > tall sit.

Yes, a year ago one of my busted elbows (years of combat arts) got a bursitis and it bothered me for some time. I gave it a lot of time to heal (until I injured the very same elbow with an armbar, well... ). Now all good, I am trying get-ups again with a lighter weight. Everything seems good, so I may finish an unfinished business (I was just 2 get-ups to Sinister). We will see, I will have few more lighter sessions this week and then decide.

Back
Top Bottom