all posts post new thread

Repeat Until Strong.

Today's photo

Gong Haau Monastery in Canton is said to be frequently visited by the legendary “Strongman Tung”… is it the one on the left (my brother), on the right (me), or was it actually a strong lady (my brother's daughter)?

I am not a big or muscular guy, but I have to say I am happy with Simple & Sinister (and steak + vegetables physique)

pp.jpg )

Today's photo

Gong Haau Monastery in Canton is said to be frequently visited by the legendary “Strongman Tung”… is it the one on the left (my brother), on the right (me), or was it actually a strong lady (my brother's daughter)?

I am not a big or muscular guy, but I have to say I am happy with Simple & Sinister (and steak + vegetables physique)

View attachment 6692 )

Seems like the young lady is on a good path... with good company

Today's practice: China Trip - The Naked Warrior/SFB Program Minimum
  • One-arm pushups
  • Pistols
GTG, sets of 3

+ 3 training sessions of martial arts in the park and on the roof.

Today's photo

teeth-lift.jpg

“The model practicing a teeth lift, a form of exercise which many prefer for neck development.”

- George F. Jowett, “Strong Neck- Strong Nerves, in: Strength, 1926.

Today's memory

You can be anything you want. A warrior. An athlete. A hard man or woman ready to handle whatever life throws at you. But you must be strong first.

“Strength is the foundation for development of the rest of physical qualities,” categorically stated Professor Leonid Matveev. It takes priority over all others: endurance, flexibility, etc.

Until one becomes “entry level strong”, e.g., a strict bodyweight military press for men or strict pullups for women, no priority other than strength can be justified for a healthy athlete. Science and experience have taught us that any athlete, even in ultra-endurance sports, who has not built a foundation of strength will fail to reach his or her potential.

Strength has been compared to a glass that can be filled with other qualities. The larger the glass, the more endurance, sport skill, fat loss, etc. can hold.

Be what you choose to be.

But be StrongFirst.

6 years! Grateful!

Today's practice: S&S

- goblet squats
- 5x32, 5x32, 5x23
- one-arm swings - 10x32, 10x32, 10x32, 10x32, 10x32 - 100 swings total (sum of left and right)
- get-ups - 1x32, 1x32, 1x32, 1x32, 1x32 - 10 get-ups total (sum of left and right)

Back from China, jet lag and cold/flu. Easing into S&S back again. China was great, but damn, I missed iron so much. And cats. And my dear wife.

Last edited:
jowett-bu-press.jpg

Beyond kettlebell bottom up press - check this out!

Fig. 1. The start of a great test of grip-wrist and arm strength.
Fig. 2. The finish with the ball of iron still balanced on the flat 56 lb. block surface.

George F. Jowett, “Stunts that Build Strength and Symmetry”, in: Strength, 1926.

Back
Top Bottom