all posts post new thread

Repeat Until Strong.

View attachment 6826

Beyond kettlebell bottom up press - check this out!

Fig. 1. The start of a great test of grip-wrist and arm strength.
Fig. 2. The finish with the ball of iron still balanced on the flat 56 lb. block surface.

George F. Jowett, “Stunts that Build Strength and Symmetry”, in: Strength, 1926.
Now THAT is a stunt

Last edited:
Today's practice: S&S

- goblet squats
- 5x36, 5x36, 5x36
- one-arm swings - 10x36, 10x6, 10x36, 10x36, 10x36 - 100 swings total (sum of left and right)
- get-ups - 1x36, 1x6, 1x36, 1x36, 1x36 - 10 get-ups total (sum of left and right)

Today's tip

Do our get-downs slowly, and observe your foot and hand positioning. Get-downs are great get-up teachers - you will find out the best angles on your way down. If you don't hurry and pay attention.

Thank you, Sir! Glad you enjoyed it.

How’s your life and training going? It’s been a while, let’s catch up. Feel free to PM or email me.

Al, how are you? All good on this side of the Big Pond. I was working hard on the StrongFirst Resilient project last few months (years), and I just came back form China, 2 week intensive study.

I will get back to my RSAS and will send you the latest tested version.

- goblet squats
- 5x40, 5x40, 5x40
- one-arm swings - 10x40, 10x40, 10x40, 10x40, 10x40 - 100 swings total (sum of left and right)
- get-ups - 10x40, 10x40, 10x40, 10x40, 10x40 - 10 get-ups total (sum of left and right)

Today's tip

If you can pass "sing test" between the rounds, you are probably doing ok.

Al, how are you? All good on this side of the Big Pond. I was working hard on the StrongFirst Resilient project last few months (years), and I just came back form China, 2 week intensive study.

I will get back to my RSAS and will send you the latest tested version.

Things are good over here as well. Congrats on the Resilient product; it’s sounds awesome!

Let me know if I can be of any help with RSAS—I think I owe you an older email about that project. Please bring me up to speed when you find some convenience.

Power to you!

- goblet squats
- 5x40, 5x40, 5x40
- one-arm swings - 10x40, 10x40, 10x40, 10x40, 10x40 - 100 swings total (sum of left and right)
- get-ups - 10x40, 10x40, 10x40, 10x40, 10x40 - 10 get-ups total (sum of left and right)

One more session, and next week back on the track!

- goblet squats
- 5x40, 5x40, 5x40

Last re-entry practice session. Next week back to my S&S Tactical Periodization.

Today's practice: From Solid to Sinister - Tactical Periodization

- goblet squats - 5x36 kg, 5x44 kg, 5x36 kg

- 2-2 (medium-medium) one-arm swings - 10x36kg, 10x44 kg, 10x36 kg, 10x36, 10x36 OTM, always left, rest; right, rest. 100 swings total (sum of left and right)

-2-1 (medium-light) get-ups - 1x32 kg, 1x40 kg, 1x32, 1x32 kg, 1x32 kg, always left+ right, rest, 10 get-ups total (sum of left and right).

Today's note:

Back to my From Solid to Sinister - Tactical Periodization test program, version 0.3. I cut the the "very light" intensity and volume zones, and kept just 3 (light, medium, high). I expect I shall be able to practice 4x/week (mon, tue, thu, fri).

Off-days - StrongFirst RESILIENT, as usually.

Today's practice: From Solid to Sinister - Tactical Periodization

- goblet squats - 5x36 kg, 5x44 kg, 5x36 kg

- 1-2 (low-medium) one-arm swings - 10x36kg, 10x44 kg, 10x36 kg, 10x36, OTM, always left, rest; right, rest. 80 swings total (sum of left and right)

-3-3 (high-high) get-ups - 1x40 kg, 1x48 kg, 1x40, 1x40 kg, 1x40, 1x40 kg, always left+ right, rest, 12 get-ups total (sum of left and right).

My (Christmas) book tips:

Old books

- Alan Calvert, Super-Strength
- Edgar Mueller, Goerner The Mighty
- Ed Spielman, The Mighty Atom: The Life and Times of Joseph L. Greenstein

New books

- Patrick McKeown, The Oxygen Advantage
- Nassim Nicholas Taleb, Antifragile
- William B. Irvine, A Guide to the Good Life: The Ancient Art of Stoic Joy

Additional note

Apart from the tips above, I recommend to re-read Pavel's work. This passage from Seneca's letter caught my eye today:

You must linger among a limited number of master thinkers, and digest their works, if you would derive ideas which shall win firm hold in your mind...

...since you cannot read all the books which you may possess, it is enough to possess only as many books as you can read. “But,” you reply, “I wish to dip first into one book and then into another.” I tell you that it is the sign of an overnice appetite to toy with many dishes; for when they are manifold and varied, they cloy but do not nourish. So you should always read standard authors; and when you crave a change, fall back upon those whom you read before... after you have run over many thoughts, select one to be thoroughly digested that day. This is my own custom; from the many things which I have read, I claim some one part for myself.
Applies to exercise as well, right?

Last edited:
Apart from the tips above, I recommend to re-read Pavel's work. This passage from Seneca's letter caught my eye today:

You must linger among a limited number of master thinkers, and digest their works, if you would derive ideas which shall win firm hold in your mind...

...since you cannot read all the books which you may possess, it is enough to possess only as many books as you can read. “But,” you reply, “I wish to dip first into one book and then into another.” I tell you that it is the sign of an overnice appetite to toy with many dishes; for when they are manifold and varied, they cloy but do not nourish. So you should always read standard authors; and when you crave a change, fall back upon those whom you read before... after you have run over many thoughts, select one to be thoroughly digested that day. This is my own custom; from the many things which I have read, I claim some one part for myself.

Applies to exercise as well, right?

Gold.

Back
Top Bottom