all posts post new thread

Repeat Until Strong.

@Pavel Macek After a year of “losing myself,” I am returning to S&S. Your blog has re-motivated me. I’ll be 50 in 2019 so I’m determined to hit the Simple goal by then.

I’ve also just finished reading Sisson’s Primal and Keto books. I understand you practice his dietary strategies. I’d love to hear an example of what your current eating looks like for a day.

Thank you for the inspiration!

@cmerrow Thank you for your kind words. I am happy you are back on track!

My eating is simple - I wake up early, drink water and tea in the morning, and skip breakfast. My first meal is usually around 2PM - eggs, avocados, some veggies... Second meal - usually around 8PM - meat and vegetables, occasionally some rice or red potatoes. Sisson is a great resource, I actually wrote a foreword to the Czech edition of Primal Blueprint, and we just published his Keto Reset together with my friend and business partner.

Any questions you have, please post them here in my log or on the forum - my pleasure to help!

Today's practice: From Solid to Sinister - Tactical Periodization

- goblet squats - 5x32 kg, 5x40 kg, 5x40 kg

- 1-1 (low-low) one-arm swings - 10x32kg, 10x40 kg, 10x32 kg, 10x40 kg, OTM, always left, rest; right, rest. 80 swings total (sum of left and right).

-1-2 (low-medium) get-ups - 1x36 kg, 1x44 kg, 10x36 kg, 10x44 kg, always left+ right, rest, 8 get-ups total (sum of left and right).

- goblet squats - 5x40 kg, 5x48 kg, 5x48 kg

- 2-3 (medium-high) one-arm swings - 10x40kg, 10x48 kg, 10x40 kg, 10x48 kg, 10x40 kg, OTM, always left, rest; right, rest. 100 swings total (sum of left and right).

- 2-3 (medium-high) get-ups - 1x40kg, 1x48 kg, 1x40 kg, 1x48 kg, 1x40 kg,always left+ right, rest, 10 get-ups total (sum of left and right).

Hello, @Pavel Macek
I guess you dont pry with such a heavy goblet. Why not DFS then?
More weight, better supported. Wonna make S&S as "complete" as possible for a real long term ( think years ) routine.

Kind regards, Oleg

Hello, @Pavel Macek
I guess you dont pry with such a heavy goblet. Why not DFS then?
More weight, better supported. Wonna make S&S as "complete" as possible for a real long term ( think years ) routine.

Kind regards, Oleg

Oleg, I do pry up to 40 kg (not the biceps curl, though). I do GSQ mainly as a movement pattern drill, not strength drill.

@Pavel Macek I do have another question. I’d like to hear your recommendation for “minimalist” mobility/flexibility. Perhaps joint stuff in the AM, stretching and foam rolling in the evening. Do you recommend Original Strength?

@Pavel Macek I do have another question. I’d like to hear your recommendation for “minimalist” mobility/flexibility. Perhaps joint stuff in the AM, stretching and foam rolling in the evening. Do you recommend Original Strength?

- Super-Joints/Flexible Steel's Mobility 101 - daily, in the morning
- Foam rolling and Original Strength/Ground Force Method - before exercise
- S&S stretches + hanging on the pull-up bar - after exercise

I am preparing a video of a my modification of "World's Greatest Stretch" that I do daily (called "Leopard") - I will post it here when it is done.

Thank you! In my old age, I can never remember all the movements in SJ!

Looking forward to your video!

Thank you! In my old age, I can never remember all the movements in SJ!

Looking forward to your video!

Have the book close to you - daily practice will help to remember (movement and brain training). If you skip some, no worries at all. Just make sure to have 1 drill for all joints, check. And btw. > No Country for Old Men | StrongFirst

You are "more experienced", not old.

@Pavel Macek, can you please expound on Super-Joints/Flexible Steel's Mobility 101? I own both books, and I am embarrassed to admit, I haven't read through either completely. So, can you please go into greater detail on this for us?

- Super-Joints/Flexible Steel's Mobility 101 - daily, in the morning
- Foam rolling and Original Strength/Ground Force Method - before exercise
- S&S stretches + hanging on the pull-up bar - after exercise

I am preparing a video of a my modification of "World's Greatest Stretch" that I do daily (called "Leopard") - I will post it here when it is done.

@Pavel Macek, can you please expound on Super-Joints/Flexible Steel's Mobility 101? I own both books, and I am embarrassed to admit, I haven't read through either completely. So, can you please go into greater detail on this for us?

My recommendation:

- read the books
- select one exercise per joint group.
- do the sequence every morning
- from slow to fast, from short ROM to bigger ROM
- number of reps - matching your age
- after a month or so change some of the exercises

Further recommendations:
- attend Flexible Steel Level 1 to learn the principles behind (3S) and how to apply them in all drills, variations, progressions, etc.
- attend StrongFirst Resilient to further load your ROM

- goblet squats - 5x36 kg, 5x44 kg, 5x44 kg

- 1-2 (light-medium) one-arm swings - 10x36 kg, 10x44 kg, 10x36 kg, 10x44 kg, OTM, always left, rest; right, rest. 80 swings total (sum of left and right).

- 3-2 (high-medium) get-ups - 1x36kg, 1x44 kg, 1x36 kg, 1x44 kg, 1x36 kg, 1x36 kg, always left+ right, rest, 12 get-ups total (sum of left and right).

Thank you for the guidance @Pavel Macek.

My recommendation:

- read the books
- select one exercise per joint group.
- do the sequence every morning
- from slow to fast, from short ROM to bigger ROM
- number of reps - matching your age
- after a month or so change some of the exercises

Further recommendations:
- attend Flexible Steel Level 1 to learn the principles behind (3S) and how to apply them in all drills, variations, progressions, etc.
- attend StrongFirst Resilient to further load your ROM

- goblet squats - 5x40 kg, 5x48 kg, 5x48 kg

- 2-3 (medium-high) one-arm swings - 10x40kg, 10x48 kg, 10x40 kg, 10x48 kg, 10x40 kg, OTM, always left, rest; right, rest. 100 swings total (sum of left and right).

- 1-3 (low-high) get-ups - 1x40kg, 1x48 kg, 1x40 kg, 1x48 kg,always left+ right, rest, 8 get-ups total (sum of left and right).

Back
Top Bottom