all posts post new thread

Repeat Until Strong.

Today's Picture

spiral_staircase.jpg

Circle - or spiral? Meditation and analysis inspired by a powerful dream. What may seem like a vicious circle from one point of view may be from another point of view a spiral: revisiting seemingly the same spot, but not the same. Applies to training, applies to life in generally. Same, but different.

The beautiful quote comes form one one my favorite writters, Herman Hesse. His books, such as Steppenwolf, Siddharta, or Narcis and Goldmund, are some of the best I ever read. ⁣
⁣⁣

Today's practice: From Solid to Sinister - Tactical Periodization

• goblet squats - 5x36kg, 5x44 kg, 5x36 kg
  • 2-1 (medium-light) one-arm swings - 10x36 kg, 10x44 kg, 10x36 kg, 10x36 kg, 10x36 kg, OTM, always left, rest; right, rest; 100 swings total (sum of left and right).
  • 2-3 (medium-high) get-ups - 1x40 kg, 1x48 kg, 1x40 kg, 1x40 kg, 1x40 kg, always left+ right, rest; 10 get-ups total (sum of left and right).

Reactions: DCM
Today's quote:

I believe in the sun even when it is not shining⁣.
⁣I believe in love even when I can’t feel it⁣.
⁣I believe in G-d even when He is silent.

⁣⁣​
⁣- Found scrawled on the wall of a death camp; author unknown
Heavy. Powerful. ⁣
⁣⁣

• 1-2 (light-medium) one-arm swings - 10x40 kg, 10x48 kg, 10x40 kg, 10x40 kg, OTM, always left, rest; right, rest; 80 swings total (sum of left and right).
  • 1-2 (light-medium) get-ups - 1x36 kg, 1x44 kg, 1x44 kg, 1x44 kg, always left+ right, rest; 8 get-ups total (sum of left and right).

• goblet squats - 5x44kg, 5x56 kg, 5x44 kg
  • 2-3 (medium-high) one-arm swings - 10x44 kg, 10x56 kg, 10x44 kg, 10x44 kg, 10x44 kg, OTM, always left, rest; right, rest; 100 swings total (sum of left and right).
  • 3-3 (high-high) get-ups - 1x40 kg, 1x48 kg, 1x40 kg, 1x40 kg, 1x40 kg, 1x40 kg, always left+ right, rest; 12 get-ups total (sum of left and right).

Combat arts training + painful elbow - not a good combo. Rest, mobility drills, Chinese medicine.

Today's photo

Pistols, one-arm pullups, one-arm pushup progressions… Theodor Siebert, Der Praktische Athlet, 1923. The old-timers knew. And we at StrongFirst SFB Bodyweight know, too. The text under pistols says: "While carrying a 74 kg heavy man like a cow in his arms." Wow.

Actually, I am teaching today an SFB Bodyweight Course in Prague - excited!

View attachment 5260

Hey, I know it is an old post - so just for your information: the text under pistols says "Kind", which means child, and not "Rind" (cow) :)

• goblet squats - 5x40kg, 5x48 kg, 5x40 kg
  • 3-2 (high-medium) one-arm swings - 10x40 kg, 10x48 kg, 10x40 kg, 10x40 kg, 10x40 kg, 10x40 kg, OTM, always left, rest; right, rest; 120 swings total (sum of left and right).
  • 1-2 (light-medium) get-ups - 1x36 kg, 1x44 kg, 1x36 kg, 1x36 kg, always left+ right, rest; 8 get-ups total (sum of left and right).

Today's quote and thought

a.jpg

You > your loved ones and family > your friends > people > humankind > Universe/God (idea coming from Stoic philosophy - so called Hierokles' Circle).

⁣Any personal development is hence self-centered - not selfish, not egoistic: self-centered. Because it all starts with YOU. Love yourself, be your best friend - and take it from there. That is what I try to do. Not do - try. Hence the old greek philosophical term prokopton: “The one who is not perfect (and never will be), but is striving for progress”.⁣

• ⁣Quote: John Grisham - The Rainmaker.
  • Image: Jet James - Inner Self. ⁣

@Pavel Macek - I’ve been following your training for a while now and it’s very impressive. How do you come up with the amount of work and the intensity of each session if you don’t mind me asking?

No secrets - just following our core principles:

- continuity of training process
- waving the load

Thank you for your kind words!

• goblet squats - 5x44kg, 5x56 kg, 5x44 kg
  • 2-3 (medium-high) one-arm swings - 10x44 kg, 10x56 kg, 10x44 kg, 10x44 kg, 10x44 kg, OTM, always left, rest; right, rest; 100 swings total (sum of left and right).
  • 3-3 (high-high) get-ups - 1x40 kg, 1x48 kg, 1x40 kg, 1x40 kg, 1x40 kg, 1x40 kg, always left+ right, rest; 12 get-ups total (sum of left and right).

Today's video

What a great overview of some of the most popular old-time strongmen lifts in this rare vintage video!

- Barbell military press
- Continental barbell clean & jerk
- Barbell leg press
- Kettlebell snatch to waiter’s press (switching the side!)
- One-arm barbell snatch
- One-arm barbell clean & jerk
- Stacked kettlebell bent press

• 1-2 (light-medium) one-arm swings - 10x40 kg, 10x48 kg, 10x40 kg, 10x40 kg, OTM, always left, rest; right, rest; 80 swings total (sum of left and right).
  • 1-2 (light-medium) get-ups - 1x36 kg, 1x44 kg, 1x44 kg, 1x44 kg, always left+ right, rest; 8 get-ups total (sum of left and right).

Back
Top Bottom