all posts post new thread

Repeat Until Strong.

Hello @Pavel Macek

Why did you chose the HSPU and the leg raises combination ?

I ask because the OA push up is also a strong press move, but implies more core tension than the HSPU. To a certain extent, it "saves time"

Kind regards,

Pet'

Hello @Pavel Macek

Why did you chose the HSPU and the leg raises combination ?

I ask because the OA push up is also a strong press move, but implies more core tension than the HSPU. To a certain extent, it "saves time"

Kind regards,

Pet'

@pet' , not a program - just quick SFB skills review (I am teaching 2 certs in a row very soon - Italy and Taiwan).

Today's training: SFB Bodyweight Review
  • Hanstand pushups: 5 sets of 3-5.
  • Hardstyle hanging leg raises: 5 sets 3-5
  • Pistol mobility drills

Today's Pic & Tip

2183372137750614861_1048264045.jpg

„It’s no secret that the hours we spend at a desk each day leave most adults with limited shoulder extension and range of motion. The tight muscles in the biceps and chest (pec minor), play a BIG role in keeping the shoulders chronically tight, making overhead positions especially difficult or inaccessible. But here’s your relief!“⁣⁣

⁣⁣„Sit down on the floor and place your arms behind you. With your palms down and pinky fingers touching, walk your shoulders as close to the ground as possible. Perhaps a little tight? This position where your arms are moving away and behind your body is called shoulder extension. The reason you are tight is also because shoulder extension range of motion is not something traditionally trained by many athletes and coaches in the fitness industry.“

- Christopher Sommer​

⁣⁣⁣⁣I usually listen to podcasts, or watch some instructional videos or TV shows when doing this exercise. ⁣⁣

⁣⁣If you need it, do it. ⁣⁣

⁣⁣Your pushups, dips, rows, bench press, and many other drills will be way easier - and your shoulders way happier. ⁣

Today's Infographic

KPM.jpg

„Training is efficient if this result is achieved with a minimal expenditure of time and energy.“

- Thomas Kurz, Science of Sports Training, 2016⁣⁣​
⁣⁣⁣⁣
⁣⁣Here are 3 simple StrongFirst SFG Kettlebell „Program Minimum“ templates:⁣⁣
⁣⁣⁣⁣
⁣⁣Beginner: Pavel’s Kettlebell Simple & Sinister - check out the revised & updated edition. „Proven. Powerful. Perfected.“⁣⁣
⁣⁣⁣⁣
⁣⁣Intermediate: Pavel’s Rite of Passage (ROP) from Enter the Kettlebell. „Ladders never fail; people just give up.“⁣⁣
⁣⁣⁣⁣
⁣⁣Advanced: A project I am working on and thoroughly testing for last 3 years. The exact details are still classified. More soon. ⁣⁣
⁣⁣⁣⁣In a nutshell: ⁣⁣
⁣⁣⁣⁣
⁣⁣- snatch, 10-20 sets of 4-6 reps⁣⁣
⁣⁣- bent press, 10-20 sets of 2-3 reps. ⁣⁣
⁣⁣⁣⁣
⁣⁣The advanced program will include:⁣⁣
⁣⁣⁣⁣
⁣⁣- volume and intensity variability⁣⁣
⁣⁣- double progression⁣⁣
⁣⁣- an alternative for bent press for those who can’t bent press (yet)⁣⁣
⁣⁣- and a barbell and dumbbell (!) option⁣⁣
⁣⁣⁣⁣
⁣⁣You will like it. ⁣⁣
⁣⁣⁣⁣
⁣⁣For updates, please follow my:⁣⁣
⁣⁣⁣⁣
⁣⁣- Instagram: Pavel Macek (@pavelmacekcom) • See Instagram photos and videos
⁣⁣- Facebook page: Pavel Macek ⁣⁣
⁣⁣- Twitter: Pavel Macek (@pavelmacek) | Twitter ⁣⁣

Hello @Pavel Macek

Will there be something dedicated to bodyweight ?

Out of curiosity, did you notice a transfer or an equivalence between OA push up (or OAOL) and other kinds of presses

Kind regards,

Pet'

Hello @Pavel Macek

Will there be something dedicated to bodyweight ?

'

>>> The Naked Warrior. Hard to beat, no need to reinvent the wheel.

Hello @Pavel Macek

Out of curiosity, did you notice a transfer or an equivalence between OA push up (or OAOL) and other kinds of presses
'

OAPU and OAOLPU is imho one of the best full body lifts with excellent transfer to basically to all strength lifts.

Hello @Pavel Macek

As far as bodyweight training goes, and so does tension training, do you know something called "the paradox breathing crunch" ?

This is something I recently read in Andy Bolton's book "Deadlift Dynamite". Basically, you lie straight on the back, and then you inhale strongly through the nose using a diaphragmatic breathing. While doing so, you perform a crunch. You exhale when getting back down.

Do you sometimes practice this maneuver ?

Kind regards,

Pet'

Hello @Pavel Macek

As far as bodyweight training goes, and so does tension training, do you know something called "the paradox breathing crunch" ?

This is something I recently read in Andy Bolton's book "Deadlift Dynamite". Basically, you lie straight on the back, and then you inhale strongly through the nose using a diaphragmatic breathing. While doing so, you perform a crunch. You exhale when getting back down.

Do you sometimes practice this maneuver ?

Kind regards,

Pet'

Yes, I actually wrote a Czech article about it few weeks ago > Posilování břicha: Lehsed s paradoxním dýcháním | KB5

Make sure to check out also: http://simplexstrong.com/2017/01/sandows-straight-leg-situp-oldschool-low-rep-abdominal-exercise/

• Hanstand pushups: 5 sets of 3-5.
  • Pistol mobility drills

Today's training: Swings + OPUAs
  • goblet squats - 40-48-48, 3 sets of 5
  • I-II-III (low volume-medium intensity-high density) one-arm swings - 48-40-48-48; 10 swings every 45 secs; 80 swings total (sum of left and right).
  • OPUAs - 5 ladders of (1, 2, 3)

• Hanstand pushups: Few ladders of 1, 2, 3
  • Pistol mobility drills
Evening & Night: DJing

Today's training: The Naked Warrior on the Road
  • One-arm pushups: 5 ladders of 1, 2, 3
  • Pistol squats: 5 ladders of 1, 2, 3
  • Second Wind Breathing Exercises

Weekend: StrongFirst SFB Bodyweight Certification, Vicenza, Italy

The very first one I have taught. Tired. Sore abs.

Today's Picture: Elevated One-Arm Pushup

„…It provides the opportunity to grease the groove. It addresses a whole lot of symmetry and reflexive stability issues, which is one reason Gray Cook is a fan of The Naked Warrior. It teaches high tension skills. In addition to working the ‚pressing muscles,‘ it devastates the midsection.“⁣⁣

⁣⁣„…every strength athlete must go through the one-arm push-up school. The tension and linkage lessons the drill teaches are priceless.“⁣⁣

⁣⁣…⁣⁣

⁣⁣„The strength skills gained through one-arm push-ups can later be applied to a great number of lifts and athletic skills. When you own it, periodically test your ability to do it.“⁣⁣

2190032476823221230_1048264045.jpg

⁣Photo: „Commando Challenge“, in: Muscle Media, Jan/Feb 2020. ⁣⁣

⁣Please join me at following StrongFirst SFB Bodyweight Certifications:⁣⁣

⁣⁣- Shop Bodyweight Instructor SFB online, Taipei City, Taiwan - December 7-8, 2019 | StrongFirst
⁣⁣- Shop Bodyweight Instructor SFB online, Prague, Czechia - April 25-26, 2020 | StrongFirst
⁣⁣- Shop Bodyweight Instructor SFB online, Paris, France - July 11-12, 2020 | StrongFirst

Today's training: The Naked Warrior on the Road
  • Handstand pushups: 3 ladders of (1, 2, 3)
  • Pistol squats: 3 ladders of (1, 2, 3)
  • Second Wind Breathing Exercises

Back
Top Bottom