all posts post new thread

Repeat Until Strong.

Today's training: Return to the Kettlebells
  • goblet squats - 40-40-40, 3 sets of 5
  • one-arm swings - 40-40-40-40-40; 100 swings total (sum of left and right).
  • get-ups - 40-40-40-40-40; 10 get-ups total (sum of left and right)

Good to see you have returned to the kettlebells.

Still digesting a lot of the gems you shared with me during that weekend in Taiwan

aleks.jpg

Aleks Salkin's „The Hammer Cast“: Ep. 21: Pavel Macek on StrongFirst RESILIENT ⁣⁣
⁣⁣⁣⁣
⁣⁣Listen here >>> ‎The Hammer Cast: Ep. 21: Pavel Macek on StrongFirst RESILIENT on Apple Podcasts ⁣⁣
⁣⁣⁣⁣
⁣⁣„On this episode I am joined by my good friend Pavel Macek to talk about his amazing new course StrongFirst RESILIENT“.⁣⁣
⁣⁣⁣⁣
⁣⁣Thank you for invitation, Aleks "The Hebrew Hammer" Salkin! ⁣⁣

Today's training: Date with the Beast
  • goblet squats - 40-48-40, 3 sets of 5
  • II-I-I (medium volume-low intensity-low density) one-arm swings -
    40-48-40-48-40; 10 swings every 75 secs; 100 swings total (sum of left and right).
  • II-I-I (medium volume-low intensity-low density) get-ups - 40-48-40-48-40; 1 get-up every 105 secs; 10 get-ups total (sum of left and right)

• goblet squats - 40-48-40, 3 sets of 5
  • II-I-I (medium volume-low intensity-low density) one-arm swings -
    40-48-40-48-40; 10 swings every 75 secs; 100 swings total (sum of left and right).
  • II-I-I (medium volume-low intensity-low density) get-ups - 40-48-40-48-40; 1 get-up every 105 secs; 10 get-ups total (sum of left and right)
Last re-entry session after month of traveling. Starting on Monday, Fortuna (i.e. dice) will decide the volume-intensity-density.

81851319_2882865045065649_4888797510228770816_o.jpg

Flexible Steel Tip⁣⁣

⁣⁣⁣⁣
⁣⁣Flexibility training is not something you should ever do when you’re in a hurry for some appointment. It’s something you should save for the end of the day. ⁣⁣
⁣⁣⁣⁣
⁣⁣Let’s say you’re watching some TV show. Just go and stretch. Or you’re reading a book. One of my colleagues, Dr. Mark Cheng , StrongFirst Senior Instructor, he has these beautiful side splits. The way he worked up to his side split is he would just sit and read a book in a straddle on the ground. And then at some point, whenever he felt like he could, he just tried to spread his legs a little wider. And that’s it. He’d go back to reading his book. ⁣⁣
⁣⁣⁣⁣
⁣⁣So you see, acquiring flexibility, it’s an exercise in patience. So if you do not have the patience, or if you do not have the time, I suggest you just give up.“⁣
⁣⁣⁣⁣
⁣⁣- Pavel, in: The Tim Ferriss Show, Episode 55⁣⁣​
⁣⁣
⁣Do this! Read, watch a show, instructional DVD, or listen to a podcast. 2-3 times a week implement advanced and high level Power Stretching methods from our Flexible Steel International curriculum to reach your goals faster and get stronger in the new acquired ROM. ⁣

sifu a quick question.

forgive the short term memory but qhat differences do from solid to sinister have vs your date with the beast?

sifu a quick question.

forgive the short term memory but qhat differences do from solid to sinister have vs your date with the beast?

- From Solid to Sinister - 2 cycles, which will bring the girevik from "Solid" to Sinister - the girevik always uses 2 different pairs of bells very session (e.g. in the first cycle 28/36, 32/40, or 36/44) each session. Each session also has different volume (8, 10, or 12 sets).
- Date with the Beast - preparation for the peaking. The girevik uses only 40 and 48, every session has again different volume and intensity, but also density. Every session has at least 2 sets with 48.

- From Solid to Sinister - 2 cycles, which will bring the girevik from "Solid" to Sinister - the girevik always uses 2 different pairs of bells very session (e.g. in the first cycle 28/36, 32/40, or 36/44) each session. Each session also has different volume (8, 10, or 12 sets).
- Date with the Beast - preparation for the peaking. The girevik uses only 40 and 48, every session has again different volume and intensity, but also density. Every session has at least 2 sets with 48.

Any pre-requisites to qualify for solid to sinister? I remember you said that the timed standard with the 40kg was for date with the beast

Any pre-requisites to qualify for solid to sinister? I remember you said that the timed standard with the 40kg was for date with the beast

Prerequisite for Solid to Sinister: Solid (timed tests),

• goblet squats - 40-48-48, 3 sets of 5
  • II-II-III (medium volume-medium intensity-high density) one-arm swings - 48-40-48-40-48; 10 swings every 45 secs; 100 swings total (sum of left and right).
  • II-II-II (medium volume-medium intensity-medium density) get-ups -48-40-48-40-48; 1 get-up every 90 secs; 10 get-ups total (sum of left and right)

Yesterday's Practice: Pry Your Way into Side Splits

Squats, “Cossacks”, the tactical frog, the kneeling hip flexor stretch, the isometric road kill split, the split switch, the waiting out the tension road kill split

One of Pavel's stretching programs.

Today's practice: Date with the Beast
  • goblet squats - 48-48-48, 3 sets of 5
  • I-III-II (low volume-high intensity-medium density) one-arm swings - 48-48-48-48; 10 swings every 60 secs; 80 swings total (sum of left and right).
  • I-I-III (medium volume-medium intensity-medium density) get-ups -40-48-40-48; 1 get-up every 75 secs; 8 get-ups total (sum of left and right)

Last edited:
Yesterday's Practice: Pry Your Way into Side Splits

Isometric road kill split, the split switch, the waiting out the tension road kill split.

• goblet squats - 40-48-48, 3 sets of 5
  • II-II-III (medium volume-medium intensity-high density) one-arm swings - 48-40-48-40-48; 10 swings every 45 secs; 100 swings total (sum of left and right).
  • II-X-II (high volume-very low intensity-medium density) get-ups -40-40--40--40-40; 1 get-up every 90 secs; 10 get-ups total (sum of left and right)
Light get-up session - old injury on my left forearm hurts.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom