all posts post new thread

Repeat Until Strong.

Weekend: Winter Hike

30 km, sleeping in the woods, damn, that was one damn cold night!

Today's practice: Date with the Beast

• goblet squats - 40-48-48, 3 sets of 5
  • III-II-III (high volume-medium intensity-high density) one-arm swings -
    48-
    40-48-40-48-48; 10 swings every 45 secs; 120 swings total (sum of left and right).
  • II-I-I (medium volume-low intensity-low density) get-ups -40-48-40-48-40; 1 get-up every 75 secs; 10 get-ups total (sum of left and right)

Today's pic

turtle.jpg

A common paraphrase of the classic:

„No one should be discouraged, Theaetetus, who can make constant progress, even though it be slow.“

- Plato, Sophist 261b.⁣​

⁣„With love, encouragement, and character intact, a human being can be resilient beyond imagining.“

- Jordan B. Peterson​

From the StrongFirst RESILIENT Manual: Assisted Prying Bodyweight Hack Squat⁣

⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣
Hold your training partner or e.g. a power rack. Put your feet together and turn your feet out. Open up your knees, lift your heels, and use strength to squat down— pull yourself down.⁣
⁣⁣
⁣Keep your body perpendicular to the floor. In the bottom of the HSQ, pry side to side, pull the hips out of the sockets, lengthen our spine. Point your belly button up. Breath in, and ascend with a grunt.⁣
⁣⁣
⁣Use as much assistance of the hands as needed both on the way down and up. Use the assistance for balance and keeping the upright position.⁣
⁣⁣
⁣“A note of warning should here be sounded, to the effect that, while everyone suffering from rupture, or with tendency to rupture, should be very careful in all exercises, they must be particularly so with leg exercises. These would do well, in fact, to confine their leg movements without weights…” (Hackenschmidt about HSQs).⁣
⁣⁣
⁣Keep your body perpendicular to the floor. In the bottom of the HSQ, pry side to side, pull the hips out of the sockets, lengthen our spine. Point your belly button up. Breath in, and ascend with a grunt.⁣
⁣⁣
⁣Use as much assistance of the hands as needed both on the way down and up. Use the assistance for balance and keeping the upright position.⁣
⁣⁣
⁣“A note of warning should here be sounded, to the effect that, while everyone suffering from rupture, or with tendency to rupture, should be very careful in all exercises, they must be particularly so with leg exercises. These would do well, in fact, to confine their leg movements without weights…” (Hackenschmidt about HSQs).⁣
⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣
⁣⁣⁣⁣Upcoming events > http://bit.ly/strongfirst-resilient ⁣⁣⁣⁣

• goblet squats - 48-48-48, 3 sets of 5
  • II-III-II (medium volume-high intensity-medium density) one-arm swings -
    48-48-48-48-48; 10 swings every 60 secs; 100 swings total (sum of left and right).
  • I-III-III (low volume-high intensity-high density) get-ups -48-48-48; 1 get-up every 75 secs; 8 get-ups total (sum of left and right)

2216739154876641451_1048264045.jpg

Attention! Due to the numerous request from students abroad, I am launching an online distance coaching program. ⁣⁣⁣

>>> Online Coaching | Pavel Macek
⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣
⁣⁣⁣Topics:⁣⁣⁣
⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣
⁣⁣⁣▶️ Hardstyle kettlebell, bodyweight, barbell, and dumbbell coaching & programming⁣⁣⁣
⁣⁣⁣▶️ StrongFirst® Certifications Prep (SFG I, SFG II, SFB, SFL): technique standards & programming⁣⁣⁣
⁣⁣⁣▶️ Flexible Steel joint-mobility and flexibility coaching & programming⁣⁣⁣
⁣⁣⁣▶️ Oxygen Advantage® breathing exercises⁣⁣⁣
⁣⁣⁣▶️ Chinese martial arts, “internal arts”/qigong and health preservation habits & exercises⁣⁣⁣
⁣⁣⁣▶️ Lifestyle, nutrition, cold exposure, fasting and other habits for health & longevity⁣⁣⁣
⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣
⁣⁣⁣Please check out http://pavelmacek.com/online-coaching/, send me an email and let’s schedule an online coaching session. ⁣⁣⁣

• III-I-III (high volume-low intensity-high density) one-arm swings -
    40-48-40-48-40-48; 10 swings every 45 secs; 120 swings total (sum of left and right).
  • II-II-II (medium volume-medium intensity-medium density) get-ups -
    -40-48-40-48; 1 get-up every 90 secs; 10 get-ups total (sum of left and right)

Weekend: Teaching
  • Saturday - Oxygen Advantage workshop
  • Sunday - PRINCIPIA: Strength Skills & Programming

• II-II-II (medium volume-medium intensity-medium density) one-arm swings -
    48-40-48-40-48; 10 swings every 60 secs; 100 swings total (sum of left and right).
  • I-III-I (low volume-high intensity-low density) get-ups - 48-48-48-48; 1 get-up every 105 secs; 8 get-ups total (sum of left and right)

Sifu @Pavel Macek do you remember that tip on how to hold the heavy kettlebell for goblet squats you mentioned to our group in Taiwan?? I was wondering if you have a video for reference? Dejuki

• III-III-I (high volume-high intensity-low density) one-arm swings -
    48-48-48-48-48-48; 10 swings every 75 secs; 120 swings total (sum of left and right).
  • II-I-II (medium volume-low intensity-medium density) get-ups -
    40-48-40-48-40
    ; 1 get-up every 90 secs; 10 get-ups total (sum of left and right)

From the StrongFirst RESILIENT Manual: Kettlebell Hockey Deadlift

Hockey deadlift, also called torsion deadlift, was developed and popularized by Viacheslav Alexandrovich “Slava” Fetisov, a former Russian professional hockey star, later appointed as the Minister of Sport, although we see similar exercises in the West way before, e.g. Bob Hoffman’s teetotum or twisting deadlift in his article on lower back from 1957’s issue of Strength & Health.

Pavel explains the benefits in Beyond Bodybuilding:

"The Russian authority promises that this drill cannot be beat for building a powerful corset of ligaments and muscles. It will help a lot when you lift any weights, participate in contact sports, or perform complex gymnastic exercises."

...adds in one of his articles:

“It’s supposed to condition one’s back against ergonomically unfriendly loading.”

..and concludes in i:

"The drill does more than bulletproof the back for the occasion when a heavy bar runs out of the SQ or DL groove. It builds and strengthens the obliques, so essential for putting up heavy weights. The internal obliques are among the most important muscles of the midsection for generating intra-abdominal pressure. The exercise also teaches one to integrate your lats with the obliques and glutes as well. 'The hockey deadlift is great,' stated Louie Simmons."

Upcoming events: http://bit.ly/strongfirst-resilient ⁣⁣⁣

• II-I-III (medium volume-low intensity-high density) one-arm swings -
    40-48-40-48-40; 10 swings every 45 secs; 100 swings total (sum of left and right).
  • I-III-II (low volume-high intensity-low density) get-ups -
    48-48-48-48; 1 get-up every 105 secs; 8 get-ups total (sum of left and right)

• goblet squats - 40-48-48, 3 sets of 5
  • I-II-I (low volume-medium intensity-low density) one-arm swings -
    48-40-48-48; 10 swings every 75 secs; 80 swings total (sum of left and right).
  • II-II-II (medium volume-medium intensity-medium density) get-ups -
    -40-48-40-48; 1 get-up every 90 secs; 10 get-ups total (sum of left and right)

When do you take the bcaa on non training days? Is the above your guideline also?

When do you take the bcaa on non training days? Is the above your guideline also?

- BCAA on non strength training days (I still train - review of other skills with light weight, StrongFirst Resilient) - any time.
- yes, most of the time I follow the guideline above, although even on strength training days, I don't eat much carbs. I am more a Keto guy, as it keeps my brain sharp.

Got you. Bcaa around training, 16/8 fasting schedule, two meals a day (lunch and dinner), and S&S.
What are your thoughts on OMAD (one meal a day)? Good bad or really depends

Back
Top Bottom