all posts post new thread

Repeat Until Strong.

Today's practice: Beyond [Timeless] Sinister
  • goblet squats - 44-56-44; 3 sets of 5, 15 squats total
  • one-arm swings - 44-56-44-44-44-44; 12 sets of 10, 120 swings total (sum of left and right).
  • get-ups - 48-40-48-40-48 ; 10 sets of 1, 10 get-ups total (sum of left and right)

Today's practice

- SFG kettlebell skills review, with focus on double kettlebell press
- StrongFirst RESILIENT

Tip: Whe pressing two bells overhead, lean slightly forward under the bells. Lead with your chest, lean at your ankles. You will be very surprised with instantly better overhead position and lockout, as well as smoother groove.

• goblet squats - 44-56-44; 3 sets of 5, 15 squats total
  • one-arm swings - 44-56-44-44; 8 sets of 10, 80 swings total (sum of left and right).
  • get-ups - 48-48-48-48 ; 8 sets of 1, 8 get-ups total (sum of left and right)

I am finishing an article and short video tutorial for StrongFirst blog about HEAVY kettlebell goblet squats. ⁣

⁣Yes, there are some secret tips and tricks - stay tuned! ⁣

⁣For time being, please check out this bodyweight kettlebell goblet squat - 68 kg at precisely 68 bodyweight. Light guy, heavy bell. ⁣

Today's practice

- SFG kettlebell skills review, with focus on double kettlebell front squat and press
- StrongFirst RESILIENT

I had to skip my yesterday's session dueto the re-occurring neck pain. I do have an old neck injury on my left side (from 2006), but I was extra careful last few days, and still got bitten for some reason again. Well, during the sleep - just woke up and it hurt. I did lots of Flexible Steel and StrongFirst RESILIENT drills, and all good today. We will see tomorrow.

Today's video

One of my favorite speeches from one of my favorite movie series.

“The world ain’t all sunshine and rainbows. It is a very mean and nasty place and it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain’t how hard you hit; it’s about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That’s how winning is done. Now, if you know what you’re worth, then go out and get what you’re worth. But you gotta be willing to take the hit, and not pointing fingers saying you ain’t where you are because of him, or her, or anybody. Cowards do that and that ain’t you. You’re better than that!”

Today's video

One of my favorite speeches from one of my favorite movie series.

“The world ain’t all sunshine and rainbows. It is a very mean and nasty place and it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain’t how hard you hit; it’s about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That’s how winning is done. Now, if you know what you’re worth, then go out and get what you’re worth. But you gotta be willing to take the hit, and not pointing fingers saying you ain’t where you are because of him, or her, or anybody. Cowards do that and that ain’t you. You’re better than that!”

I wonder how many films have we watched that we both like?

I may be needing your help unlocking timeless sinister getups

• goblet squats - 44-56-44-; 3 sets of 5, 15 squats total
  • one-arm swings - 44-56-44-56-44; 10 sets of 10, 100 swings total (sum of left and right).
  • get-ups - 48-40-48-40-48-48 ; 12 sets of 1, 12 get-ups total (sum of left and right)

Today's thought

what-you-seek.jpg

“What you seek is seeking you.”

— Rumi⁣
⁣⁣
⁣„Imagine who you could be, and then aim single-mindedly at that.“⁣

“We cannot navigate, without something to aim at and, while we are in this world, we must always navigate.”
⁣⁣
⁣„Partly what you need to do is decide what your highest value is. It’s the star. What are you aiming for? You can decide. ⁣
⁣⁣
⁣But there are some criteria. It should be good for you in a way that facilitates your moving forward. Maybe it should be good for you in a way that’s also good for your family, as well as for the larger community. It should cover the domain of life. ⁣
⁣⁣
⁣There’s constraints on what you should regard as a value, but within those constraints you have the choice. You have choice. The thing is that people will carry a heavy load if they get to pick the load. ⁣
⁣…⁣
⁣Grow up and do something useful. Really? I can do that? Oh, I’m so excited by that idea. No one ever mentioned that before. Rights, rights, rights, rights… Responsibility, man. That’s where the meaning in life is.“⁣

- Dr. Jordan B. Peterson

I had 2 choices - glycolytic peaking, or build a strength reserve.
As per S&S 2.0 the 3rd option would be lighter glycolitic peaking and building a strength reserve at the same time. I am adding this just for completeness, not to question your choice :)

Last edited:
As per S&S 2.0 the 3rd option would be lighter glycolitic peaking and building a strength reserve at the same time I am adding this just for completeness, not to question your choice :)

Actually, that is what I have done in my last cycle (including the density), and it worked great, but for time being, I skip the density, and just vary the volume/intensity (and increase the intensity).

Once I finish the cycle, I will incorporate density again (= lighter glycolytic peaking).

Same here! Which is why I love the idea of variability/tactical periodization. Linear programming has never worked for me for more than four weeks ?

It worked for me, all the way up to 48 kg (with 2-3 deloads) - but once I started to lift 44-48, I was pretty sore and tired, so I came with the "From Solid to Sinister" plan.

This is why I also enjoy that you can be generous with rest so you can swing with a good amount of power.. The density can be added when you need to peak..

I discovered this by mere coincidence and allowed me to work up to the timeless sinister standard for swings and unlocked the timeless 44kg getup standard

I always enjoy reading this log

Today's thought

FEAR.jpg

„We cannot choose our external circumstances, but we can always choose how we respond to them.“

– a paraphrase of Epictetus’ Stoicism⁣

⁣„You don’t get less afraid, you get braver. That’s better because there’s plenty of things to be afraid of, but you can get braver.“

– Jordan B. Peterson, in: Jocko Podcast 112 - Life is Hard. 12 Rules for Life. ⁣

• Goblet squats: 44-56-44-; 3 sets of 5, 15 squats total
  • One-arm swings: 44-56-44-56-44-56; 12 sets of 10, 120 swings total (sum of left and right).
  • Get-ups: 48-48-48-48-48 ; 10 sets of 1, 10 get-ups total (sum of left and right)
Well, that was hell of a session.

Back
Top Bottom