all posts post new thread

Repeat Until Strong.

Today's Thought

marty-gallagher.jpg

„A goal is not always meant to be reached, it often serves simply as something to aim at.“ – Bruce Lee

⁣⁣⁣However: ⁣⁣⁣

⁣⁣⁣„If you don’t know where you are going, any road will get you there.“ – Lewis Carroll⁣⁣⁣

⁣⁣⁣So:⁣⁣⁣

⁣⁣⁣“Specify your damn goals because how are you going to hit something if you don’t know what it is?”⁣⁣⁣

⁣⁣⁣And:⁣⁣⁣

⁣⁣⁣„Aim lower. Aim at something you will in fact do. Do it. Then, having succeeded, aim a bit higher.“⁣⁣⁣ ⁣⁣⁣ – Jordan B. Peterson

⁣I wonder if it applies only to strength training…⁣

Today's practice: Beyond [Timeless] Sinister
  • Goblet squats: 44-56-56-; 3 sets of 5, 15 squats total
  • One-arm swings: 56-44-56-56; 8 sets of 10, 80 swings total (sum of left and right).
  • Get-ups: 48-48-48-48-48 ; 10 sets of 1, 10 get-ups total (sum of left and right)

Crazy 2 weeks, crazy times!

...but let's all follow the motto of "stop global whining!"

Today's practice: Solid

• Goblet squats: 40-40-40; 3 sets of 5, 15 squats total
  • One-arm swings: 40-40-40-40-40; 10 sets of 10, 100 swings total (sum of left and right).
  • Get-ups: 40-40-40-40-40; 10 sets of 1, 10 get-ups total (sum of left and right)

Glad to see you're back training and focusing on giving value...

This is the way

I just didn't update my training log for some time - I had some specialized variety last weeks, I have done virtually all the lifts and skills we teach: a secret StrongFirst project in works. You will know when you see it .

Your journey with S&S is amazing, and powerfully motivating. Even though my right wrist is not fully operatable, I would like to step on the same road to strength. Thus I've kicked off S&S and hope to not stop it for a long time.

Last edited:
Your journey with S&S is amazing, and powerfully motivating. Even though my right wrist is not fully operatable, I would like to step on the same road to strength. Thus I've kicked off S&S and hope to not stop it for a long time.

I have actually found a way to enjoy S and S given some times when I have to shift focus .

It stays as my variety or active recovery work.

Today's practice: From Solid to Sinister
  • Goblet squats: 40-48-40; 3 sets of 5, 15 squats total
  • One-arm swings: 40-48-40-48-40; 10 sets of 10, 100 swings total (sum of left and right).
  • Get-ups: 40-48-40-48-40; 10 sets of 1, 10 get-ups total (sum of left and right)

Pavel,

What do you think of doing Multiple Get Ups before moving on to new weight. (example: instead of 5x1 each arm 3x2 each arm. Instead of putting the bell down after first rep keep it pressed in the air and start the get up again.) And increasing these till say you get to 1 set of 5.

Pavel,

What do you think of doing Multiple Get Ups before moving on to new weight. (example: instead of 5x1 each arm 3x2 each arm. Instead of putting the bell down after first rep keep it pressed in the air and start the get up again.) And increasing these till say you get to 1 set of 5.

I would rather do more sets of 1.

• Goblet squats: 40-48-40; 3 sets of 5, 15 squats total
  • One-arm swings: 40-48-40-48-40; 10 sets of 10, 100 swings total (sum of left and right).
  • Get-ups: 40-48-40-48-40; 10 sets of 1, 10 get-ups total (sum of left and right)
Crazy days, crazy times. Everybody is locked down and bored at home, I am working 24/7, literally.

Ok.
I'm feeling really confident with the 24kg on the 5x1 but I can't even get to the half way point with the 32kg.
I had the same problem, so on a SFG leader’s recommendation I bought a 28kg and am close to “owning” it on all sets. It’s taking a lot longer but I’m confident it’ll make the jump to 32kg much easier.

• Goblet squats: 48-40-48; 3 sets of 5, 15 squats total
  • One-arm swings: 48-40-48-40-48; 10 sets of 10, 100 swings total (sum of left and right).
  • Get-ups: 48-40-48-40-48; 10 sets of 1, 10 get-ups total (sum of left and right)

When will you attack Sinister?

Timeless Sinister done many times - I guess I am currently too busy to peak. Interestingly, most people are bored in the Covid-19 lockdown at home. I am working 24/7, literally, and I am happy if I have enough juice left for my regular training. 2 full time gyms + 7 affiliate gyms who are all currently closed - responsibility.

I know you made the timeless Sinister.
I am asking for "official version" ?
With video ?

Back
Top Bottom