all posts post new thread

Repeat Until Strong.

Just curious. With all this talk about Pavels program from BJJ fanatics for fighter, would you still recommend the s&s with the push press? Pavels program as I understand is more for stand up fighters, but yours bridges the gap for ground and stand up

Just curious. With all this talk about Pavels program from BJJ fanatics for fighter, would you still recommend the s&s with the push press? Pavels program as I understand is more for stand up fighters, but yours bridges the gap for ground and stand up
My suggestion: S&S (to "Simple") > S&S with Pushups Press, or Pavel's excellent program from BBJ Fanatics.

Yesterday's Practice: Timeless Sinister
  • 3x5 goblet squat - 48 kg, 56 kg, 56 kg
  • 10x10 two-arm swings - 48 kg, 48 kg,48 kg, 48 kg, 56 kg, 56 kg, 56 kg, 56 kg, 56 kg, 56 kg.
  • 10x1 get-ups - 48 kg, 48 kg, 48 kg (+10 sec hold in the floor press), 48 kg (+10 sec hold in the floor press), 48 kg (+10 sec hold in the floor press) - always left and right, rest, and so on.

Today's Practice: Timeless Sinister
  • 3x5 goblet squat - 48 kg, 48 kg, 48 kg kg
  • 10x10 one-arm swings - 48 kg, 48 kg, 48 kg, 48 kg, 48 kg - always left, rest, right, rest, and so on.
  • 10x1 get-ups - 48 kg, 48 kg, 48 kg, 48 kg, 48 k, - always left and right, rest, and so on.
Note: Fasting, 4th day. According to many, I shall be already dead. Well, it was a bot harder session - but not that much.
I am resilient. StrongFirst RESILIENT!

Your training log has been a huge motivation to watch on my own S&S journey! I thank you very much for sharing it with us all.

I have a question. As of right now, I own ‘Timeless 36kg’ on my swings and I own ‘Timed 36kg’ on my get ups. I’m still working towards achieving ‘Timed 36kg’ on swings.

I would like to start moving up in weight on both my swings and get ups. The issue is, I do not have a 40kg or a 44kg bell as per the program’s usual 4kg-8kg jumps.

I do have a 48kg bell though. And I should have access to it in 2-3 weeks.

In your opinion, do you think a 12kg jump is okay?

*I have done swings and get ups with the 48kg in the past*

Note: Fasting, 4th day. According to many, I shall be already dead. Well, it was a bot harder session - but not that much.
I am resilient. StrongFirst RESILIENT!
Finished a 48hr fast on Saturday. What's the goal? I've seen some go a week. Are you trying to test yourself or just kick starting your system?

Your training log has been a huge motivation to watch on my own S&S journey! I thank you very much for sharing it with us all.

I have a question. As of right now, I own ‘Timeless 36kg’ on my swings and I own ‘Timed 36kg’ on my get ups. I’m still working towards achieving ‘Timed 36kg’ on swings.

I would like to start moving up in weight on both my swings and get ups. The issue is, I do not have a 40kg or a 44kg bell as per the program’s usual 4kg-8kg jumps.

I do have a 48kg bell though. And I should have access to it in 2-3 weeks.

In your opinion, do you think a 12kg jump is okay?

*I have done swings and get ups with the 48kg in the past*
Generally, the jump is quite big - but if you have done the swings and get-ups with the Beast before, use what you have.
Thank you for your kind words.

@Pavel Macek
If Solid Simple standards are to complete 100 Swings and 10 Getups withe 40kg bell with no time restricted, would it be counted as completed if instead of TGU I did Tactical Getup?

Monday's Practice: Timeless Sinister
  • 10x10 one-arm swings - 48 kg, 56 kg, 56 kg, 56 kg, 56 kg - always left, rest, right, rest, and so on.
  • 10x1 get-ups - 48 kg, 48 kg, 48 kg, 48 kg, 48 kg - always left and right, rest, and so on.

Monday's Practice: Timeless Sinister
  • 10x10 one-arm swings - 48 kg, 48 kg, 56 kg, 56 kg, 56 kg, 56 kg, 56 kg, 56 kg, 56 kg, 56 kg
  • 10x1 get-ups - 48 kg, 48 kg, 48 kg, 48 kg, 48 kg - always left and right, rest, and so on.
Today's Pic

Finished a 48hr fast on Saturday. What's the goal? I've seen some go a week. Are you trying to test yourself or just kick starting your system?
My wife has done a few ten day fasts. Sometimes 12 days. Usually does them 1-2 a year. Water only. She found them pretty easy. She wasn't fat adapted or in ketosis at the start, certainly was by the end. Gets on with her normal work while doing them. All her blood markers are absolutely perfect at the end, and she ends up looking super healthy and beautiful, with glowing, even skin tone, as well as looking a couple years younger. Win for her, win for me.

To add though, I tried it with her once, and after 48 hours ended up in hospital for 9 days as an in patient, with acute and extreme hematuria from my kidneys. I guess we're all different.

Today's Practice: Timeless Sinister
  • 10x10 one-arm swings - 48 kg, 56 kg, 56 kg, 56 kg, 56 kg - always left, rest, right, rest, and so on.

Back
Top Bottom