all posts post new thread

Repeat Until Strong.

Today's Practice: Timeless Sinister
  • 3x5 goblet squat - 48 kg, 56 kg, 56 kg
  • 10x10 one-arm swings - 48 kg, 56 kg, 56 kg, 56 kg, 56 kg - always left, rest, right, rest, and so on.
  • 10x1 get-ups - 48 kg, 48 kg, 48 kg, 48 kg, 48 kg - always left and right, rest, and so on.
@Pavel Macek How are you finding these while fasting? Much different to when not fasting?

Today's practice: Towards the Timed "Sinister"
  • Goblet Squats: 3 sets of 5 with 48 kg, 15 squats total
  • One-arm Swings: 10 sets of 8 with 48 kg (6 swings every 30 secs), 80 swings in 5 minutes total
  • Get-ups: 10 sets of 1 with 48 kg (alternating left and right), 10 get-ups total.
  • Side split stretches: wide goblet squats, adductor flies with ankle weights, isometric side split
Per Pavel's recommendation, I have added various breathing drills from our Second Wind curriculum to my S&S practice. Huge difference, I am amazed. I am thinking of writing an article about it.
Did you ever write this article? I would love to read it. Thanks for all you do. Truly inspiring.

Pavel,
I almost don't want to post this here, as I am aware that you are FAR further along the path than me (just toying with 32), but I thought that there was a possibility it could help, so here goes:

Have you tried doing 4 (or so) rounds of Wim Hof breathing before your Sinister timed practice?

I ask because, for me, this was a game changer and cut my rest between sets by more than a third. I know, from your excellent log (Thankyou) that the time between swings and get ups is the last obstacle between you and timed sinister, and we are all rooting for you, so just wanted to ask (from the point of view of an S&S white belt.)

Thankyou for all you do, it is inspirational.
Be well.

Pavel,
I almost don't want to post this here, as I am aware that you are FAR further along the path than me (just toying with 32), but I thought that there was a possibility it could help, so here goes:

Have you tried doing 4 (or so) rounds of Wim Hof breathing before your Sinister timed practice?

I ask because, for me, this was a game changer and cut my rest between sets by more than a third. I know, from your excellent log (Thankyou) that the time between swings and get ups is the last obstacle between you and timed sinister, and we are all rooting for you, so just wanted to ask (from the point of view of an S&S white belt.)

Thankyou for all you do, it is inspirational.
Be well.
WHM - no; I am not a fan of WHM. I do use short hyperventilation (emergency recovery breathing) from the Second Wind curriculum: Emergency recovery breathing | StrongFirst

Today's Practice: Timeless Sinister
  • 3x5 goblet squat - 48 kg, 56 kg, 56 kg
  • 10x10 one-arm swings - 48 kg, 56 kg, 56 kg, 56 kg, 56 kg - always left, rest, right, rest, and so on.
  • 10x1 get-ups - 48 kg, 48 kg, 48 kg, 48 kg, 48 kg - always left and right, rest, and so on.

Compiling notes, work in progress. Lots of work lately.
Thank you for your kind words!
Hi Pavel I know you have alot on your plate right now and that the book with Royale S&S is away off. Just hoping you could give some tips on the best way to combine the KBSnatch & Bent Press in a program?

Hi Pavel I know you have alot on your plate right now and that the book with Royale S&S is away off. Just hoping you could give some tips on the best way to combine the KBSnatch & Bent Press in a program?
What is your current bent press 1RM? What weight can you comfortably snatch (sets of 10-15 reps)?

@Pavel Macek
I do not see Prying Gobles in your regime, what about them? I do them with @32. Would you recommend keeping it in the practice?
I do a mobility squat routine every day in the morning as a part of morning recharge.
Keep the prying GSQs - once it get’s heavy, do the first set with lighter weight (prying GSQs) and the other two sets with a heavier weight (regular GSQs).

Back
Top Bottom