all posts post new thread

Repeat Until Strong.

Friedrich Nietzsche, Also Sprach Zarathustra. Born 171 years ago.
Also the title of an iconic piece of classical music, the opening of which is the soundtrack for the iconic movie, "2001, A Space Oddysey."

@Steve Freides As Nietzsche wrote: "Without music life would be a mistake." I guess you agree - I certainly do :)

At the leadership meeting in CO, I was surprised to learn that several of our colleagues didn't know this about me, which is why I asked.

-S-

At the leadership meeting in CO, I was surprised to learn that several of our colleagues didn't know this about me, which is why I asked.

-S-

Next leadership meeting you have to play a piece, Steve!

OK, today's practice:

All sore, very bad sleep, so rest day - just teaching MMA and Practical Hung Kyun.

Sneak preview and pop-quiz - what the hell is this? (special thanks to Rachel "Wolf" Darvas, SFG TL from Hungary)

s_and_s_CZECH_kicsi_Stránka_05.jpg

@joo team work - 5 people polishing the translation, excellent graphic designer (Rachel), plus the publisher, who happens to be my long time student (since 1999, can you believe that?). We hope it is out before the Christmas. Phase II of the Russian kettlebell invasion!

Today's practice:

S&S

- prying goblet squat, 3x5, 24 kg
- one-arm swings, 10x10 with 32, 36, 36, 32, 32
- get-ups, 5x1 with 32

Today's photo - nice gym, what do you think?

goerner1.jpg

Reactions: Bo
@Christian Gelderblom SFG 1-Day Course in Prague, January 2016? Sounds like a plan!

Btw., event not to be missed - David "Iron Tamer" Whitley, Master SFG, is coming to visit Prague. Check out this link.
-----
Today's practice:

S&S

- one-arm swings, 10x10 with 32, 36, 36, 36, 32
- get-ups, 5x1 with 32, 36, 32, 32, 32

My virtual mentor today is called Professor Louis Attila, coach of Sandow, Strongfort, Nordquest, and many many others, one of the venerable ancestors of our StrongFirst lineage.

Long way to 150 lbs get-up, but - I am a young guy, plenty of time.

attila.jpg

Today's practice:

S&S

- one-arm swings, 10x10 with 32, 36, 36, 36, 32. I am amazed by very fast improvement in swing - the weight is light, swings are crisp and explosive. 1 hand swings with 48 seemed like some mythical feat (for light guy like me), now I am sure I can get there. Sooner or later, but yes.
- get-ups, 5x1 with 32. The weight feel light, but the movement is not prefect.

Today's piece of wisdom:

"Great is the victory, but the friendship of all is greater."

- Emil Zátopek, legendary Czech runner

Mr. Zátopek would understand the spirit of the upcoming TSC very well.

Today's practice

S&S:
- one-arm swings, 10x10 with 32, 36, 36, 36, 36.
- get-ups, 5x1 with 32, with extra stop in each of the phases.

Combatives:
- 1,5 hours MMA
- 1,5 hours Pratical Hung Kyun

Today's blast from the past (for all strong ladies of StrongFirst):

get-up.jpg

Yesterday: Rest day, stretching.

Today's practice:

S&S

- one-arm swings, 10x10 with 32, 36, 36, 36, 36
- get-ups, 5x1 with 32

Today's practice:

S&S

- one-arm swings, 10x10 with 32, 36, 36, 36, 36. Absolutely ready to do 10x10 with 36.
- get-ups, 5x1 with 32.

Tip: I write a lot, so I try to avoid sitting as much as possible. Watching an instructional video, drinking Pu-Erh, and secretly stretching.

Pavel said on various occasions that few of the aims are to be able to press 1/2 of the bodyweight (check), deadlift 2x bodyweight (check), and do splits (front split check, side split - work in progress).

I am going next week to Italy to learn form Master SFG Jon Engum at the Flexible Steel workshop, I am sure I will get some great tips.

prace.jpg

Today's practice:

S&S

- one-arm swings, 10x10 with 36. I am surprised how well it goes. I guess that it is because you improve your swings by doing swings - daily. Not too many, or not enough, but "minimum effective dose".
- get-ups, 5x1 with 32. Not bad, but not very good either.

Because we go to attend Flexible Steel next week, we run TSC one week earlier. I will not post any photos or videos - I will save it for next week. So just the morning setup pic.

IMG_3966.JPG

Back
Top Bottom