all posts post new thread

Nutrition Researchers Point to the Optimal Protein Dose, Timing & Distribution to Maximize Muscle

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
what resource(s) people find the best for determining maintenance calories?
Maintenance Calories

The number of calories that an individual is consuming and not gaining weight is Maintenance Calories.;

Surplus of Calories

If an individual is gaining weight, that means they are consuming a Surplus of Calories.

Deficit of Calories

If an individual is losing weight, that mean they are consuming a Deficit of Calories.

Online Resource Metabolic Calorie Calculators

This online resources are incredibly inaccurate. They are based on vague information, which provide you with a vague, inaccurate numbers.

Basing your calorie intake based on these Online Metabolic Calorie Calculators means the foundation the calories determined is built on incorrect information; in other word, garbage.

Garbage In, Garbage Out

Basing a diet plan (any plan) on misinformation takes you down the wrong path. You aren't going to get to your destination.

The Three Day Recall Plan

This is a simple, practical method that works.

Count your calorie intake for three days. Divide that number of calorie by three to determine your real Average Daily Calorie Intake,

As previously state, if your weight is not changing, your on a Calorie Maintenance Diet. If you are gaining weight, you are in on Calorie Surplus Diet. If you are losing weight, you are on a Calorie Deficit Diet.

Adjusting Calorie Intake

Based on your Three Day Recall Plan, you then make adjustments to your diet determined if you want to Maintain, Gain or Lose Weight.

Getting this at least close to correct seems important in using a two week decrease of 20% followed by two weeks of maintenance. A number which would need to be recalculated each cycle until near optimal weight.

Great Assessment

Yes, you will need to recalculate each cycle.

Think of it like your Strength Training Plan with your Training Percentage based on your Repetition Training Max.

If you increase your strength in one training cycle, you then need to recalculate your training load for the next cycle off your new Training Max.

I'm thinking 16/8 during the week and 20/4 on the weekends.
I find it feels nicer to have the more strict protocol timings associated with the working week and the more relaxed protocols associated with time off. You might switch those: 20/4 when working, 16/8 when relaxing. If that's too much, add a 16/8 day midweek.

-S-

I find it feels nicer to have the more strict protocol timings associated with the working week and the more relaxed protocols associated with time off. You might switch those: 20/4 when working, 16/8 when relaxing. If that's too much, add a 16/8 day midweek.

-S-
100% agree I do 16/8 during the working week as it fits nicely with my schedule, and totally skip IF on sundays as is the only day I can sit with my wife and kids to have breakfast..on Mondays I do a 24hrs fast to get back on track.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom