all posts post new thread

Bodyweight Resistance band crawling

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

njrick1

Level 5 Valued Member
Has anyone here ever expirmented with using resistance bands to load their crawls? If so, how did you do it and what was your experience like?

Thanks!

I have used mini bands for crawling and wrapped them around my wrists. It's a fun variation and increases overall tension.

Will definitely try this. I will either put the bands around my wrists or around my thumbs and around my back.

And a long time ago I hooked a longer band around something stationary and then did loaded rocking. This might also work with mini steps back and forward.

Learned/first tried this at an OS workshop:
Tie a medium band (or two medium bands end to end to increase the length) to a KB.

Loop the other end of the band(s) behind your head and crawl backward, dragging the KB along the ground.

This forces you to keep your head up, your butt down and extend your t-spine, which lights up your whole mid and upper back, and the added resistance to backward crawling lights up your delts (in addition to everything else that crawling normally lights up). This is a super drill for posture and has a surprising carryover to shoulder function and overhead lifting.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom