all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Results/transformations

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Wow seriously?
Yes. My car got hit by another car from behind about 11 years ago and I got classical whiplash issues. Mostly neck related bad headaches. Actually 6% invalidity according to insurance company.
Tried physical therapy and acupuncture for a couple of years without improving.
And already after a few weeks of training with kettlebells it got a lot better.
Not gone but definitely not bothering much normally these days.
Sure, any heavier resistance training would probably have gotten same result but it happened to be kettlebells so I'm forever using them for my iron therapy. :)
That, plus that they are convenient for training at home and make you stronger, healthier and looking better naked. Doesn't matter to me that there are better tools for a lot of specific goals, they will always be my no. 1 tools.

And I'm the strongest I've ever been at age 42.

Yes. My car got hit by another car from behind about 11 years ago and I got classical whiplash issues. Mostly neck related bad headaches. Actually 6% invalidity according to insurance company.
Tried physical therapy and acupuncture for a couple of years without improving.
And already after a few weeks of training with kettlebells it got a lot better.
Not gone but definitely not bothering much normally these days.
Sure, any heavier resistance training would probably have gotten same result but it happened to be kettlebells so I'm forever using them for my iron therapy. :)
That, plus that they are convenient for training at home and make you stronger, healthier and looking better naked. Doesn't matter to me that there are better tools for a lot of specific goals, they will always be my no. 1 tools.

And I'm the strongest I've ever been at age 42.

man! I am Deeply moved by this! Thank you so much for sharing! For me to see someone say it doesn’t matter what other tool is out there can be better for a specific goal and that kettlebells will always be number 1. The “what the hell” effect is what won me over back in 2012. I had better cardio and strength. Even now in Jiu Jitsu when I’m consistent with kettlebells i feel So much better on the mats and stronger effortlessly.

Hello,

@Shawn90
Impressive physique.

What kb weight did you use at the time ? What programme ?

Kind regards,

Pet'

I used 16kg and did sets of 10, 15, 25, and 50. And low calorie diet. I already had muscle before I started to play with kettlebells though. Prior to the picture I did about 50 weeks of convict conditioning, and a few weeks of (progressing) Dragon Flags.

I'll never look like Ronnie Coleman & my 300 pound collegue will never look like me. Remember to work toward the best version of you. It seems like KBs will bring most people to a lean, muscular version near their body's natural healthy weight. Most would say that's a good thing.

Last edited:
For me the the biggest thing has been that I had really bad lower back before I bought my first kb. Basically I carried that single 16kg back home and my lower back pain went away. :)

Strength development has been pretty decent too. My one arm press was something like ~20kg. Last year I pressed 44kg.

For me the the biggest thing has been that I had really bad lower back before I bought my first kb. Basically I carried that single 16kg back home and my lower back pain went away. :)

Strength development has been pretty decent too. My one arm press was something like ~20kg. Last year I pressed 44kg.
Sauli, I can't believe how a cannonball with a handle can be so medicinal for low back problems, helped me tremendously.

Did you work the press or are you strictly GS? I can imagine getting super strong from C&J.. if my shoulder would cooperate I'd do them in a heartbeat.

My biggest transformation is my shoulder health. I tore my labrum and frayed several rotator cuff tendons in my left shoulder at age 18 and never had it surgically repaired. By age 25 I could not hold my arm above my head for more than 10 seconds without my arm going numb. I had various clicking noises in my right shoulder as well. Fast forward to age 34 i have more shoulder mobility than ever, can press half body weight on both arms(40kg), snatch the 24kg for 25 reps on each side, snatch 36kg on both sides, double snatch 28kgs, double jerk 36kgs for reps etc. i started with kettlebells 2 years ago pressing a 20kg bell. My leg strength/jumping ability is getting closer to my high school days. Im thankful I discovered strongfirst

@Provx those are awesome results. What programmes have you followed these 2 years?

i started by getting to simple standard, after that i dabbled with some neupert programs (rmf, kettlebell muscle), total tension protocol, and the double kettlebell manifesto by hector g before determining those glycotic type workouts dont suit me well. I then started strong endurance style programs and believe my gains are coming from that direction, specially, kettlebell berserk by hector g being #1, its a great program. I also attribute gains from q&d and obtaining the solid standard in s&s. Finally a second course from hector g called snatch blueprint has a couple programs in it that are basically overcharged q&d protocols that work well for me. Dry fighting weight by Geoff Neupert is another favorite of mine.

going forward I will be rotating q&d, a+a snatches, kb berserk, and s&s while keeping an eye out for anti glycotic workouts to try. I have been looking for plan 102, 103 etc from al ciampa as I think those would be up my ally but haven’t been able to track them down.

i would also add my body is incredibly sensitive to high reps and inflammation, so these anti glycotic protocols have been a life saver for me. The programs such as kettlebell rmf or kettlebell muscle i referenced above not working are more a reflection of my body type than the programming they offer. I am sure they are great programs for people who can handle the lactic acid. I really respect Geoff Neuperts programming especially dry fighting weight.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom