all posts post new thread

Other/Mixed Return of the kettlebell pdf

Other strength modalities (e.g., Clubs), mixed strength modalities (e.g., combined kettlebell and barbell), other goals (flexibility)
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Im out

Level 5 Valued Member
Goodday strong people of strongfirst,

I've been proud owner of a kettlebell since autumn 2016 and have enjoyed swing and pressing bells since. I finally decided to follow some real kettlebell program and am in my third week of my journey to own the simple goal of Simple and Sinister.

Also I have been reading many books on strength training and could say I read most of Pavel's books aswell. But I can't seem to find a pdf version of Return of the kettlebell. Amazon won't seem to sell me an ebook version since I don't have Kindle and the Kobo store doesn't have it. (i have kobo ereader)

Sure a paperback seems nice but 40 dollars plus 40 dollars shipping .. ? a tad too much .. :)

Is there any store out there that sells a pdf of the book ?

kind regards from the Netherlands ^^

Not a PDF but, if memory serves, the entire video version has been posted on YouTube. (I do report things like this but it doesn't always cause them to get taken down.)

-S-

+1 for downloading Kindle app, at that price this book is a steal.

Smart choice with doing S&S until achieving Simple. I don't know nothing about your experience and strength levels, but you just have to know that RoTK is an advanced program and having just Simple under the belt would not be enough. Pavel said that to be able to start this program you should be able to 1h press 1/2 of your bodyweight and pass 10min 24kg x200 snatch test.

I would recommend to review the Enter the Kettlebell book and check their Rite of Passage program before you will work with double bells :)

Thanks for the replies. Kindle it is. And it seems to work properly on my Phone :)
@damogari ; I will go for the Simple goal of SS, then work up to Rite of Passage. 200 snatches with 24kg seems intimidating to me though. I just wanted to read RTK for curiosity.

@damogari ; I will go for the Simple goal of SS, then work up to Rite of Passage. 200 snatches with 24kg seems intimidating to me though. I just wanted to read RTK for curiosity.

Its intimadting for me too :) RTK is a great read anyway, I am pretty sure that you will get a lot of it, even if you don't want to do this program now.

Last edited:
Is there any store out there that sells a pdf of the book ?
You can buy the Kindle version from Amazon and read it on their Reader App.

You can also do some sneaky file conversion to the kindle file to make it into a PDF. This is what I've done with most of my Kindle books (Psych is an example). If I ever want to share a book with a friend, a PDF is much easier than a Kindle file. Not super ethical, but then again, if I had the physical book, I could also lend it to friends. As long as you don't go around distributing the PDF, I don't think any author would be upset.

Should mention I have not tried the above on a Mac.

Return of the Kettlebell is a good book. The programming ideas are really well laid out and can very easily be applied to barbells as well.

I got to where I really enjoyed doubles training with 2-55 pound KBs. I didn't progress much heavier than that due to the expenses of buying 2 KBs at once.

I wouldn't put Return of the Kettlebell in the same category as Simple & Sinister and Enter the Kettlebell in terms of learning technique and wealth of information. If you are proficient with single arm swings, snatches, clean & press and clean & jerks then transitioning to doubles really isn't that hard. Especially once you smash your fingers 1 good time doing double cleans! It's definitely worth the few bucks for the Kindle version to learn about the programming aspect of the book!

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom