all posts post new thread

Bodyweight Review of GTG, Naked warrior and What the Heck

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Maine-ah KB

Level 7 Valued Member
So I've been GTG pistols and OAPU almost exclusively for just under 2 months while away from home and I thought id share my results.

Strength increases.
OAPU before 3-4 rep per side after 7-8. and I almost got a OAOL PU (if I spent some time with elevation I think it would come quick)
pistols before 5 and after 11-12. weighted went from 24 to 28 on my left and 32 on my right.
my ability to generate tension has gone WAY up!

What the Heck?
MP, befor 32 for 1 and 28 for a 4 on a good day. After 32 for 2 and 28 for 5 any old day.

Body composition changes.
I did loose weight but that was do more to diet and hiking and not so much GTG. But my arms, chest, quads, and even lats seem the same size 0r bigger (thats probably because im down 8-10lbs)

The not so great news
Grip strength is down, swinging a 40kg bell was something I good do for 8-10 rep one handed is now hard to do with 2 hands. but other then making a fist and rooting with my knuckles I didn't do anything for grip. my original plan was to do 5x5 pull ups 2 a week but do to lack of a bar and frankly prioritizing other life experiences I didn't do it. Though my grip probably would be in better shape if I did.

I totally recommend spending some time with GTG pistols and OAPU. If like me your off in the woods and prioritize different things other then training you may want to purchase Captians of Crush and GTG that as well.

MP, befor 32 for 1 and 28 for a 4 on a good day. After 32 for 2 and 28 for 5 any old day.
Interesting that the two BW moves tranferred so well to military press. As far as I have understood your review, this is due to better tension, and not muscle hypertrophy, correct?

@somanaut Correct I don't believe I gained much or any muscle, in fact I lost between 8-10lbs. im fairly certain that the breathing and bracing skills aswell as the rooting through the feet is where the improvements in the MP came from.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom