all posts post new thread

Other/Mixed Review on LISS. Slow, sustained fat loss among other health benefits.

Other strength modalities (e.g., Clubs), mixed strength modalities (e.g., combined kettlebell and barbell), other goals (flexibility)
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
I don't *need* to do it, but I actually track 19 different blood markers with my sports medicine doc.

Plus bi-annual Dexa scans and BMR measurements.

But that's just me turning my physical hobby into a giant data analysis geek out.
I like data, it can make my job much easier. The difference between me solving a problem out on site where it’s hot dirty and noisy, or in an air conditioned office. No brainer!

But at home I’m much too blasé about it. And those damn biscuits I bought “for the kids” just whisper so sweetly in my ear haha.

My goal is to hit 3700-4000 calories a day while being isocaloric by end of year. ;)
Not sure exactly what year it was, maybe 2016/17, my knee had regained strength and ROM, but was still too skinny compared to my good leg, So i bulked. Never done it before and I did Boring But Big and my baseline calories were 3600 at 80kg BW. I stopped at around 9 months at 91kg, as I got used to eating that much haha. I got properly chubby too, definitely, but I got some decent quads on my bad leg. Still smaller than my good leg though.

I now struggle to get under 100kg at 3000 cals. I like eating.

Can anyone describe the actual workout that was used during this research? Reading through I couldn’t sus it out.

Eight male middle-distance runners [age 5 21.1 6 3.1 (SD) yr; mass 5 67.8 6 5.1 kg; maximal oxygen consumption (V˙ O2max) 5 69.2 6 4.0 ml·kg21 · min21] therefore completed two equated treatments of treadmill running (continuous running: 30 min at 70% V˙ O2max; interval running: 20 x 1-min intervals at 105% V˙ O2max with intervening 2-min rest periods) and a control session (no exercise) in a counterbalanced research design

Ahhh, thanks.

It would be nice if folks doing these studies would stick to an established Tabata protocol or some other that has been researched already.

There’s quite a gulf between 105% VO2 max and 170%.

Not sure exactly what year it was, maybe 2016/17, my knee had regained strength and ROM, but was still too skinny compared to my good leg, So i bulked. Never done it before and I did Boring But Big and my baseline calories were 3600 at 80kg BW. I stopped at around 9 months at 91kg, as I got used to eating that much haha. I got properly chubby too, definitely, but I got some decent quads on my bad leg. Still smaller than my good leg though.

I now struggle to get under 100kg at 3000 cals. I like eating.

So, I'm reading your post, and I'm wondering why you don't get yourself back to 80 kg, or whatever you consider to be a good weight for yourself.

-S-

So, I'm reading your post, and I'm wondering why you don't get yourself back to 80 kg, or whatever you consider to be a good weight for yourself.

-S-
I’ve been doing strength training since then Steve. First 5/3/1 and now KB’s. 90 kg I think I’d be quite lean. 95 would probably be fine.

I hate dieting, I never feel great, and I always seem to have cranky joints etc. Not just hungry but mood. If I focus on conditioning and eat at maintenance I get leaner. Regardless of what macros I eat as long as I track calories.

In a few weeks I’m changing from shift work to a mon to Friday job and I’m sure with a set routine I’ll drop a few kg’s at least. Shift work is not great for consistency. Well, not after 20 years anyway haha

@Halfakneecap, no insult intended and none taken, I hope. It just sounded like you were happier at a lighter weight so I was curious as to why you didn't go back to it. I don't think anyone likes dieting.

-S-

I'm maintaining at 104 kg at ~3600 calories right now.

Which is about what I like to walk around at, given I compete at 102 kg.
How active are you? I actually maintain at half that. Weight hovers around 175 consistently. Currently 9-10% bodyfat.

How active are you? I actually maintain at half that. Weight hovers around 175 consistently. Currently 9-10% bodyfat.

Well, you're 25 kg lighter. ;). I'm about 15-16% bodyfat right now. But to your question:

Weightlifting practice (currently half hypertrophy volume work) 3 days a week (2 hrs per session)
Rowing practice 3 days a week (1 hr per session)
8,000 - 10,000 steps per day on average
Light landscaping work (felling and limbing trees, clearing brush, planting), chopping wood, and roof and deck maintenance on the weekends
2 dedicated mobility days

So, on average, a low activity day is as low as 1 hr, average day is about 2 hrs, a high day 4-5 hours

Well, you're 25 kg lighter. ;). I'm about 15-16% bodyfat right now. But to your question:

Weightlifting practice (currently half hypertrophy volume work) 3 days a week (2 hrs per session)
Rowing practice 3 days a week (1 hr per session)
8,000 - 10,000 steps per day on average
Light landscaping work (felling and limbing trees, clearing brush, planting), chopping wood, and roof and deck maintenance on the weekends
2 dedicated mobility days

So, on average, a low activity day is as low as 1 hr, average day is about 2 hrs, a high day 4-5 hours
Nice! I’m happy to have found the MED for me. 51EBC81F-0019-475C-8215-A717F0B64D86.jpeg

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom