all posts post new thread

Bodyweight Ring Chin Up Form Check

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
It looks good, you stay very hollow

are you using a hook grip or are you gripping with your thumb around the ring as well?

would recommend the hook grip if you are not already using it.

looks like you are making tactile feedback when you reach the top so that's good too! try to really bring the rings into your body at the top

good show mate

It looks good, you stay very hollow

are you using a hook grip or are you gripping with your thumb around the ring as well?

looks like you are making tactile feedback when you reach the top so that's good too! try to really bring the rings into your body at the top

good show mate
Thank you Jak. I am gripping with the thumb. I'll try out the hook grip.

I have not heard of hook grip being recommended for this. False grip, yes.

@Adam Mundorf, if you can find a higher mounting point, e.g., a tree branch, they'll feel a little different with more strap between the rings and the mounting point.

-S-

Are ring chin ups better than bar chin ups?
Better? They are different.
In my experience they are more benign for both the shoulders and elbows, as they allow the joints to track somewhat more naturally.
It is my preferred way of doing them.
@Steve Freides is right about mounting them higher and with more strap between ring and attachment point. I find that type of arrangement easier to assume and maintain a proper hollow position.

Looks really solid!
In fact there would be nothing wrong with doing them faster if you shoot for more reps.

In terms of grip: usually you don't use a thumbless grip on rings due to the curve and a fals grip only makes sense if you are aiming for a ring muscle up.

This looks awesome, and I can see how that would result in less wear and tear. Nice work, my friend!

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom