all posts post new thread

Bodyweight Ring Exercises

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

movestrength

Level 4 Valued Member
Currently been tying my rings around a tree and working out in the park since the lockdown as I have no equipment except my rings and power tower.
I have been doing an A/B split.

Workout A
Handstand Push-Up410
RTO Ring Pushups410
Ring Dips410
Ring Tricep Extensions410
Ring Tricep Dip410
Archer Rows 410
Workout B
Ring Pull-Up410
Ring Row410
Ring Pelican Curl410
Ring Bicep Curl410
Ring Face Pull410
Tuck Front Lever Raises 410

I also do levels for skill work pre-workout.

Does anyone else enjoy working out on the rings? What are your favourite exercises on the rings?

Hello,

@LvlUpStr
It depends on what you want to do. For instance, this is a good set up for muscle up (strength and stability).

They are also good for OA push ups (huge stability work)

I also use them for see-saw plank

Kind regards,

Pet'

Rings are great.
I love them for pullups, dips. I used to do skin the cats on them but thats not happening at the moment.

I haven't used my rings in a while. I'm a big fan of ring push-ups, especially if you bring the rings together at the top of the movement; it really gets the chest involved.

I also think they're the best implement for dips and bodyweight rows.

Another rings hypertrophy routine today.
I wanted to put more emphasis on the bicep muscles instead of the back as it was quite sore.

To emphasize the biceps, I switched the grip and did each exercise with a reverse grip. It took a lot of the emphasis away from the back and really isolated the biceps which measured at 18" at a peak after the workout.

It is incredible how you can train different muscles and isolate the muscle with a change of grip.

Workout B
Maltese Ring Pushups
Behind the Neck Pullups410
Reverse Grip Ring Row410
Ring Staggered Chinups410
Ring Curl410
Ring Rear Delt Flyes410

Rings are great - almost magic!

Besides the exercises that others have already listed, they’re perfect for Roll Outs; Pull and Chin Ups with Rings at different heights: Levers; Archer Rows; Flys; Rear Delt Flys; A convenient balance hold for Pistol Squats, etc.

As with Kettlebells, the only limits on the utility of Rings are those of our imaginations! ;)

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom