all posts post new thread

Bodyweight Ring L-Sit Archer Pullup

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
I work on the archer pullups a little, so adding the L-Sit seemed like a fun variation. Thanks, folks. Need to keep my left arm more in front of me when it's the support side - I flop around a bit there.

-S-

I thought I'd post an update. Archer Pullup on the rings, L-Sit, 3 extension each side, while holding a 4 lb. dumbbell between my feet.

I fiind lots of interesting things when I watch this.

My focus on the closer ring is on pulling the it down as far and as hard as possible, and that seems to fire my lats a lot but it also causes me lose some of my hollow.

And I can't figure out if I'm supposed to point my toes or drive through with my heels - both of those feel odd because I'm squeezing my feet together to hold the dumbbell.

And breathing behind the shield isn't really happening well because I'm losing some height on my leg raise with each switch of hands.

-S-

I thought I'd post an update. Archer Pullup on the rings, L-Sit, 3 extension each side, while holding a 4 lb. dumbbell between my feet.

I fiind lots of interesting things when I watch this.

My focus on the closer ring is on pulling the it down as far and as hard as possible, and that seems to fire my lats a lot but it also causes me lose some of my hollow.

And I can't figure out if I'm supposed to point my toes or drive through with my heels - both of those feel odd because I'm squeezing my feet together to hold the dumbbell.

And breathing behind the shield isn't really happening well because I'm losing some height on my leg raise with each switch of hands.

-S-

You're supposed to point your toes for an l-sit, right?

You're supposed to point your toes for an l-sit, right?
I never have. I think you're supposed to point your toes for a lot of gymnastic stuff I've always felt better driving through my heels with ankles flexed, like you would for the straight leg in a getup.

I'll try it next time with pointed toes.

-S-

Awesome work! Those are really good! Stability, strength and coordination in one!
Have you ever you though of doing the One Arm Pull Up?

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom