all posts post new thread

Bodyweight RKC 2.0 Stretch

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Nate Schweizer

Level 1 Valued Member
Hi All,

So I just tried the RKC 2.0 stretch with a room full of 1st through 8th graders at my school and suffice to say it didn't go over very well. Disciplinary issues aside, I got the distinct impression that most of my students (especially the girls) didn't really think it was much of a stretch. My question is, setting aside instructor error (which is entirely possible), has anyone else tried this stretch with children? Is there any reason why this might not work particularly well with them? I know elementary-school age girls can be amazingly flexible without much training, but many of the boys did not seem to think it was much of a stretch either and some of them can barely squat to use the restroom.

Thanks for comments!

I have no idea what this stretch is. When I Googled it, I got a web site that wanted to sell me a DVD so I stopped there.

-S-

Or a Kneeling Hip Flexor Stretch 2.0 from Hardstyle Abs?

Yes, sorry, what Pavel Macek said. My copy of Hardstyle abs calls it RKC hip flexor stretch 2.0. From location 316 (kindle) in the chapter on hardstyle breathing.

Thanks all for replies and welcome

@Nate Schweizer few options:

- do the easier version - hands behind the small of the back
- do the cobra (upward/downward facing dog) stretch instead
- do harder version - wall stretch/couch stretch

My Daughter falls into the same category and age of those you mentioned and she doesn't feel much of a stretch either. Hey can be very mobile or even hyper mobile at these ages. But many will still need some hip flexor stretching and t-spine stretching as most still sit far to often and play games/text in a hunched position.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom