all posts post new thread

Kettlebell RMF - Geoff Neupert

Matt_lux

Level 5 Valued Member
We often talk about 'The Giant', 'King-sized Killer', 'MKM', 'Easy Muscle'... but we seldom discuss the 'Real Muscle Fat Burner' (RMF). That changes now.

After refining my Clean & Jerk (C&J) technique through weeks of A+A training, I decided to take on the challenge of this notorious exercise. High praise from Pavel, Hec, Geoff and others encouraged me to dig in. And I soon discovered why it has such acclaim.
I embarked on the RMBF 2 – the Phase 1 of the Intermediate program in the updated RMF version. This involved four weeks of 10 RM Long Cycle Clean & Jerk (LCCJ).

In reality, I completed three weeks plus one workout, as illness prevented me from finishing the final two. Nonetheless, I experienced unprecedented progress in this shortened timeframe.

My conditioning improved dramatically. My shirts became notably tighter, especially around the upper back. I set a new personal record in the Clean & Press with 2x28kg, managing 5 reps (up from the previous 3). I also achieved 7 reps in the Double Kettlebell (KB) front squat with 28kg – a feat I'd never accomplished before.

The only issue I encountered was the high difficulty of the program. With over 12 years of training under my belt, it was the first time I found myself needing to psych up just to get into the mindset for the workout. In retrospect, perhaps my eagerness led me to push too hard, too early.

Now, I'm transitioning to RMBF 3, a four-week program that requires execution of CJ with a 20 RM.

Shoutout to @Geoff Neupert for designing such programs!

I am torn between doing RMF or using the GIANT for LCCJ. Anyone try both?
I've did RMF last summer and am now doing the C&J using the Giant programme. I'm only on my 3rd week of 1.0, so can't provide too much comparison, but I'm really enjoying it. I would say that rep scheme in RMF is more challenging from the get go, where as the Giant easies you in to the higher reps.

This program got my attention :)

Is RMF doubles only program or could it be done with a single bell also (like Giant)?
Are the videos in the RMF different from Strong! videos?

Thanks!

This program got my attention :)

Is RMF doubles only program or could it be done with a single bell also (like Giant)?
Are the videos in the RMF different from Strong! videos?

Thanks!
Yes, they're different.
Complimentary to Strong! but focused on C&J if I remember correctly.

I’d like to try both, and for me I’d do Giant 3.0 as a lead in to RMF, just to get used to it and practice technique. That’s just me though.
In my opinion the built in novice progression for RMF looks better/more organised than just running Giant 3.0 beforehand.

Without giving the program away it has more singles and doubles practice in the first two weeks with a 5RM than Giant 3.0 would, and slowly builds up to bigger sets. Then runs as a program from a tested RM after week 8 which seems like a great idea!

Back
Top Bottom