all posts post new thread

Road to SFL Certification + Form Critique

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Jordan Vaughan

Level 4 Valued Member
Certified Instructor
I thought I would start this training log to track my progress as I work towards the SFL certification, November 12th, and as a place to post training footage for the StrongFirst community to offer any advice and/or suggestions.

I am 18 years of age and have been training for 6 years or so. I certified as an SFG last October just before my 18th birthday.

I am a coach at a local S&C facility and will be starting a degree to study Physiotherapy from October at the University of Birmingham.

It may be useful to know that I’m around 6ft tall and weigh 72ish kg.

The current plan for the SFL is a reloaded plan where I train each of the 4 main lifts twice a week - one heavy and one light.

Mon - DL + mp
Tue - BP + bs
Thurs - MP + dl
Friday - BS + bp

On top of this I am running Strong Endurance 524A to maintain a decent level of conditioning as I also want to be snatch test ready. I use 32kg for the snatch and 2x24 for the swings.

I am a climber so I’m trying to maintain my pulling strength. I run Dan John’s variation of the Fighter Pull Up program with the 32kg bell which I super set with a straddle press with 24kg to maintain the kettlebell pressing groove. This is until the climbing gym reopens then I don’t train pull ups.

Last edited:
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom