all posts post new thread

Recommendations/Reviews/FS/WTB Rogue KB vs. Perform Better KB

Products recommendations and reviews, items For Sale or Wanted To Buy
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

ThorsFavoriteGoat

Level 6 Valued Member
These two are the most reasonably priced options with shipping. I am leaning towards the Rogue bells based on the reviews. I want a thicker handle than the starter bells i bought a few years ago.

Anybody have experience with both or either brand?

I have 11 Rogue bells anda pair of Punch bells.  As far as feel is concerned, they're almost identical.

The climbing gym I go to has Rogue bells and a new <a title="Muscle Driver Black Series" href="http://www.muscledriverusa.com/MDUSA-V4-Black-Series-Kettlebells-lb_c_885.html">Muscle Driver Black Series</a> bell.  The feel is identical to the Rogue, but the handle is thicker.

Haven't had my hands on a Perform Better, but I recommend the Rogue's to my friends.  When I got the Punch, expecting it to be a bit "grippier" than the Rogue, I was happy to realize how much value the Rogue's represent.

Just received a 32kg Rogue bell. Ordered Tuesday received Friday. Not bad!

The reason I bought it instead of another PB is that I train in my apartment and dont use chalk. I needed a grittier handle, especially with summer upcoming. The Rogue definitely has a grittier handle than my new PBs (big colored letters), for anyone wondering. Also, MUCH grittier than my 40kg DD.

I was hoping it would be rougher but I'm sure they stopped short for high rep snatches and such. I haven't trained with it yet so I can only speak to my initial impressions.

Just received a 32kg Rogue bell. Ordered Tuesday received Friday. Not bad!

The reason I bought it instead of another PB is that I train in my apartment and dont use chalk. I needed a grittier handle, especially with summer upcoming. The Rogue definitely has a grittier handle than my new PBs (big colored letters), for anyone wondering. Also, MUCH grittier than my 40kg DD.

I was hoping it would be rougher but I'm sure they stopped short for high rep snatches and such. I haven't trained with it yet so I can only speak to my initial impressions.

I love the grip on the rogue's generally, but I've found that for higher volume work the grip/tears my calluses right off. However, I will buy more rogue bells in the future. Isolved my problem with a light sanding, and they turn out perfect.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom