all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Rogue Kettlebells (or others) for large hands?

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Bauer

Level 8 Valued Member
Hi there!

Right now I am following S&S, doing 60% or reps with the 32 kg. I am already looking for solid 40 kg bells and have trouble finding the right bell.

So far I am using the Coloured Cast Iron Bells from Wolverson Fitness, which have a large "window", suiting my large hands. All other bells that I have tried sat very uncomfortable on my wrist joint. The distance from top of the bell to the handle is about 8.2 cm. However, they only go up to 32 kg.

I am considering the Rogue KBs.

Do you think they are well suited for larger hands?

I have also had a look at the Taurus Studio Pro Bells, but the "window" is too narrow for me. Well, if nothing works I would only use the bell for swings.

Btw: I am located in Germany.

Last edited:
Hi there!

Right now I am following S&S, doing 60% or reps with the 32 kg. I am already looking for solid 40 kg bells and have trouble finding the right bell.

So far I am using the Coloured Cast Iron Bells from Wolverson Fitness, which have a large "window", suiting my large hands. All other bells that I have tried sat very uncomfortable on my wrist joint. The distance from top of the bell to the handle is about 8.2 cm. However, they only go up to 32 kg.

I have also had a look at the Taurus Studio Pro Bells, but the "window" is too narrow for me. Well, if nothing works I would only use the bell for swings.

I have a 36 kg Rogue which was shipped from Finland to UK (best price at the time).
My hands are broad and large off-the-shelf gloves don't fit me.
I'd say it was perfect and certainly fine for 1H SW and TGU. There isn't room inside for 2H SW but I think that's normal.

I have a 36 kg Rogue which was shipped from Finland to UK (best price at the time).
My hands are broad and large off-the-shelf gloves don't fit me.
I'd say it was perfect and certainly fine for 1H SW and TGU. There isn't room inside for 2H SW but I think that's normal.
Thanks Pete, I think I will give them a shot!

I'd recommend strengthop.de, had a Rogue 40 kg bell, but the handle was too small for me. Especially for 2H swings, but it was also rather thin.
Thanks Juri, good to know! And which brand has a larger distance from bell to handle? Asked differently: Which bell rests lower on the forearm?

Thanks Juri, good to know! And which brand has a larger distance from bell to handle? Asked differently: Which bell rests lower on the forearm?
I can't answer that question directly, because the main thing I learned with the Rogue 40 kg bell is that get ups with that weight are not for me - too much of a mental block. I had reached timed Simple and only tried the 40 kg when my first two reps with the 32 kg felt especially easy but even when the roll to press (with 40) felt good I never got past that point (maybe if I had had a spotter). So I opted for double 20s (scheduled to arrive soon) instead which at my strength level should offer more options.

However, compared to the other bells I have - 16, 24 and 32 from Gorillasports and 24 from Strengthshop - the Rogue 40 rested closest to the wrist. Had I known about Strengthshop before, all of my kbs would be from there - the quality to price ratio is great, in my opinion, and shipping costs are reasonable as well.

But perhaps one of your local gyms has Rogue kettlebells so you could have a try.

Hope this was of some help.

However, compared to the other bells I have - 16, 24 and 32 from Gorillasports and 24 from Strengthshop - the Rogue 40 rested closest to the wrist. Had I known about Strengthshop before, all of my kbs would be from there - the quality to price ratio is great, in my opinion, and shipping costs are reasonable as well.
Thanks a lot, that's very helpful :)

I can't answer that question directly, because the main thing I learned with the Rogue 40 kg bell is that get ups with that weight are not for me - too much of a mental block. I had reached timed Simple and only tried the 40 kg when my first two reps with the 32 kg felt especially easy but even when the roll to press (with 40) felt good I never got past that point (maybe if I had had a spotter). So I opted for double 20s (scheduled to arrive soon) instead which at my strength level should offer more options.

But perhaps one of your local gyms has Rogue kettlebells so you could have a try.

Hope this was of some help.
I was worried about that transition too and ended up getting a 36 kg instead, which I've quickly transitioned to safely.
I am considering jumping to 44 kg next as that is my 1/2BW but that could be a year or more away. The idea being to save my pennies and eventually get a barbell.

Hi there!

My experience with Rogue bells is the same as your Taurus Studio Pro bells. I injured my wrist after a heavy day of Strength Aerobics with a 28kg Rogue bell…small window, lots of pressure on the wrist joint. The next day, I went to snatch, and something in my wrist popped (sprain). That was in April, and I’m still working through it.

I have since sold my Rogue 28kg bells, and replaced them with competition style bells (Perform Better). Much more comfortable. I also have Kettlebell Kings 32kg (powder coat) with a much larger window, therefore a more appropriate position on my forearm. I assume their 40kg has a similar ratio. My recommendation would be either a competition bell or something similar to a Kettlebell Kings powder coat (not sure what shipping to Germany is like).

Hope that helps. Good luck!

Last edited:
Good to know, thanks @Marty:

Here is my data on handle clearance so far:

Eleiko Training: 6 cm
Taurus Studio Pro: 6.5cm
Strengthshop: 6.5 cm
Kettlebell Kings varies between 6.3 and 7.3 cm
Wolverson Black Series: 7 cm
Wolverson Competition: 7.7 cm
Wolverson Coloured Cast Iron: 8.3 cm

Edit: Kettlebell Kings send me their exact dimensions. Great support!

Last edited:
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom