all posts post new thread

Recommendations/Reviews/FS/WTB Rogue Kettlebells

Products recommendations and reviews, items For Sale or Wanted To Buy
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

NoILSteve

Level 3 Valued Member
Anyone have experience with Rogue's powder coat kettlebells? I have a friend visiting me next week from Columbus Ohio and was thinking about asking him to pick some up for me to save on shipping. How's the quality? How do they compare to DD and kettlebell kings? Thanks!

I have several at home and we have tons of them at my gym. They are my favorite! The powder coating holds up well and they work well with no chalk, or give you a bit more of a grip edge if you want to use chalk. But I have not had my hands on Kettlebell Kings, so can't give you a comparison.

In case you might seek other options, have several Ader kettlebells that I bought from Rogue. They work well for me. Finish is smooth looking and is holding up well. There is plenty of room in the handle for 2 hands.
I have not had the opportunity to try the two brands you mentioned.

I did tons of research on the bigger brands before getting into kettlebells and ended up with Kettlebell Kings. The quality is unreal and the customer service is as good as it gets. I’m a customer for life as long as they stay at this level. They even sent me a free shirt! Haha.

Optimal Home Fitness At Minimal Cost

This fellow reviewed a lot of KBs and said the Rogue and CAP were the same bells with different markings. I'd buy them if they were cheap, but don't think that just because they make bomber racks and bars that their KBs are anything special.
Edit: Was going to say I have both Rogue and CAP and they are not the same, but I didn’t realize CAP had a powdercoat bell; I have the “slick” ones (acrylic?). I need to chalk my 32kg CAP for one-arm swings, but don’t need to do anything with the Rogue.

Edit: Was going to say I have both Rogue and CAP and they are not the same, but I didn’t realize CAP had a powdercoat bell; I have the “slick” ones (acrylic?). I need to chalk my 32kg CAP for one-arm swings, but don’t need to do anything with the Rogue.

The newer ones with the powdercoat are the CAP Competition bells, though they aren't comp (GS) style bells. Just regular hardstyle bells.

I have two. One had a seam underneath that I had to file down. The other was fine. They were cheap on Amazon when I bought them. The prices have gone up considerably in last few months.

I have the Rogue, Kettlebellkings, Punch and KettlebellsUSA bells. The Rogue bells are by far the roughest finish, and not in a good way, especially for cleans or snatches. The Kettlebellkings have, by far, the most uniform surface. The best analogy I can give you is that the Kettlebellkings finish is like an incredibly fine sandpaper grit, not rough but never slick. The KettlebellsUSA bells are a nice clean finish but to my use require more chalk to prevent becoming slippery in use. The Punch bell is much like the KettlebellsUSA bells. For my money, I prefer the Kettlebellkings bells over the others. I am selling my Rogue bells because by comparison to the others they are not worth keeping.

The gym I train at has Kettlebell Kings and I really like them. The ones I will be purchasing are for home use. Hmmm, I need to decide by tomorrow!

No mention of Rep Fitness kettlebells? I've been buying them on amazon.com and am happy with them, and the price is good, and they show up quickly.

-S-

I own Rogue bells. Can only compare them to the Eleiko bells at the gym. IMO Rogue feels better in every aspect (swing, press, get-up. Have not tried Snatch yet)

I do own a set of 5 Rogue kettlebells, and I do really like them. Mine are the powder coated kettlebells, and they are great for my swings & get ups. I have yet to have an issue with holding on to them, and I do sweat rather profusely.

Rogue is a favorite of mine..... perfect roughness... holds a good amount of chalk... nothing bad to say about them.

I have a Rogue 32kg and a pair of Kettlebell King 16kg powder coats. The powder coat on the Rogue is definitely grittier, so much so that in the beginning it was slightly uncomfortable, but within a couple weeks it had smoothed out. I absolutely love the Rogue, it's one of my favorites.

The coating on the Kettlebell Kings is much smoother, however, I find it to be "sticky" in an unpleasant way. It gets better with time, but initially it created a ton of hot spots during use. Also, the coating comes off extremely easily, it is not durable in the slightest meaning of the word. The handles were also skinnier than I was expecting. not bad, just different (this may just be with the 16kg bells).

It's worth noting that Kettlebell Kings has great customer service, and they're just plain fun to deal with. The first bell I bought had a large powder coat clump in the middle of the handle, they sent a replacement free of charge and never asked for the other one back. Also, you can get 5% discount with code "kbfitbritt."

No mention of Rep Fitness kettlebells? I've been buying them on amazon.com and am happy with them, and the price is good, and they show up quickly.

Concur with Steve, IMO they are the same bell as rogue for a better price.

FWIW, I own original DD bells, Rogue, Ader, Perform Better, and Rep Fitness. The Rep bells are what I buy now.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom