all posts post new thread

Recommendations/Reviews/FS/WTB Rogue Normal Kettlebells vs e-coated - same dimensions?

Products recommendations and reviews, items For Sale or Wanted To Buy
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

JanM

Level 1 Valued Member
Hi,

Has anyone here tried the rogue e-coated kettlebells? Are they any good and mainly - Do they have the same dimensions as rogue standard ones? I tried the standard ones before and liked them, but they are not in stock right now.
Would be nice to know before I order one ?

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

Has anyone here tried the rogue e-coated kettlebells? Are they any good and mainly - Do they have the same dimensions as rogue standard ones? I tried the standard ones before and liked them, but they are not in stock right now.

Thanks in advance.
I just ordered two 28kgs. I'll let you know what I think when they arrive.

Last edited:
Hi,

Thanks in advance.
One student with a pair of 16 e-coates, another student with a pair of 16 standard powder coat, both purchased on the same day about 2 months ago. E-coat has a slightly thicker horn, powder coat bell is made better ( e-coat has seems in horn and a 1 inch by 1/8 inch gash in horn) at least in this case .

Hi,

Thanks in advance.
I just received my new e-coat bells from rogue last week. I don't notice any difference in dimensions at all. The handles were very smooth but a little roughing up with sand paper and they were good to go.

I have the 32kg e-coat, and it’s a solid work horse. I use a bit of liquid chalk when I swing this bell and I never find the handle to feel slippery. I use a pumice stone to deal with calluses in the usual places on my hands, and I don’t find that this bell has any imperfections in the handle that tear my hands or cause any other issues. I suspect there may have been growing pains at first when Rogue turned to an American foundry to produce this kettlebell line, but I am pleased with the quality of the kettlebell I received.

I’m excited to hear all the positive reviews. I’ve been selling stuff that I don’t need anymore and should have enough to buy one soon!

Just being curious, I checked the Rogue Canada site, these guys are in stock. 32kg - 130 CAD, shipping - 100 CAD. Do you, US guys, have the same story about shipping? Weird to me, after I had 48 kg shipped from another province for 40 CAD by FedEx.

Just being curious, I checked the Rogue Canada site, these guys are in stock. 32kg - 130 CAD, shipping - 100 CAD. Do you, US guys, have the same story about shipping? Weird to me, after I had 48 kg shipped from another province for 40 CAD by FedEx.
Shipping is variable in the US, depending on weight and location. The 32kg is $25 to me, $28 to where some folks I know in FL. Paying 100 CAD for shipping a single bell is a ton! Would ordering from Great Lakes Girya be cheaper?

Thanks, so that's probably it - they're shipping from one facility, the more distance - the more expensive.
Thanks everyone for the help.
Alexander, I used to have a place right by the border where I had my things shipped on the US side. Costs 5-10$ to have something there for pick-up. So I had stuff shipped there in the past and then went to pick them up. Can't be done now with Covid-19 but I'd save on shipping that way. Might not be worthwhile if you only save a couple of bucks though.

Only thing though is that you also pay for Import fees, but those would be the equivalent of TPS (sales tax) that you'd pay anyway when ordering from GLG for example. When you order from Rogue.ca import fees are included in the price, hence the high shipping maybe too.

Just some thoughts I've had in the past concerning Rogue's shipping fees.

Late reply, but thank you everyone for the answers/information. Right as I was about to buy the e-coat I noticed that Kettlebell kings expanded to Europe with free shipping, so I bought a 24 kg from there that I am happy with. I had problems with my last kettlebell (eleiko) being a bit too far up on the hans during the tgu - hurting my wrist, so I wanted to make sure my new bells had a big enough "handle gap". The KB Kings are much better in that respect for anyone else having the same problem.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom