all posts post new thread

Other/Mixed Rogue Thompson Fatbells

Other strength modalities (e.g., Clubs), mixed strength modalities (e.g., combined kettlebell and barbell), other goals (flexibility)
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Looks to me they essentially made a spherical shaped dumbbell. I don't see any difference in those compared to dumbbells except for the shape.

Last edited:
Usually I like Rogue products, but these are wrongly advertised. Like Travis said they're differently shaped dumbbells, but Rogue advertises them as "...revolutionary new take on the traditional kettlebell..." and goes on to say "...allowing athletes to dramatically improve the efficiency of every swing and press while also reducing common kettlebell safety risks..."
I can't imagine how you'd even swing those things properly at all, so claiming they improve efficiency of the swing is imho just a blatant lie.
Funny thing: In the pictures and concept designs you only see classic db moves like rows, presses and curls, but no such things as swings, cleans or snatches...

These seem like an answer to a request that nobody made.

Rogue equipment ends up either being great (monster bells for the price most places offer regular bells at) or stupid (half of their gimmick barbells, this).

I'm sure it's a useful implement, just not one I'm feeling a need for right now.

-S-

The rule of our gym is: If we add new equipment, some of the old equipment has to go. I am not sure I want to get rid of barbells, kettlebells, and pullup bars (= the "only" equipment we have).

interesting - if these were actually designed by Donnie Thompson, as stated, then you have to take notice - i can see these being a possible alternative to a dumbbell for the assistance moves you would use in powerlifting, as shown in the ad; rows, possibly curls, even presses - but i dont see these as a better alternative for things like snatches and cleans and swings - my concern is if your hand slips on a heavy snatch or a heavy clean and you need to bail out, with a kettlebell and even a dumbbell or barbell, you can drop and step aside, with these it seems like the edge of the weight would crack your wrist - i wouldn't mind trying them for rows if i saw them in a gym, but im like Pavel Macek, what am i willing to give up to bring these in, im just looking around the garage gym now - maybe the extra block of chalk, maybe the short bar and the e-z curl bar, possibly the old skunked beer in the very back of the fridge, the old lawn mower i thought i might fix this past summer - i'm still in need of a second 32 and my first 48 - think i'll make room for those first.

IMHO, it' snot a gimmick, and I think it's very likely useful. It's just not related in any way to a kettlebell.

-S-

Is this a real video? I approved but but I'm traveling. If it's not, please the Report button.

Thx.

-S-

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom