all posts post new thread

Off-Topic Roll Call

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

IMayAgainKnowChris

Level 5 Valued Member
Anyone compulsively check this forum all day, at work, etc... just curious. I’d say once every half hour I compulsively have to see “what’s new”.

I thought I was slick for not having Facebook or Instagram or whatever. Guess the forum bested me though.

Unlike social media though the forum is a constant source of inspiration for me. Love you guys.

I've been active on a near-daily basis. I put that down to the current situation and not having much else going on at the moment.

I don't even really train 'SF style' anymore (if that's even a thing) but this is still the best forum I've ever been a member of, hands-down.

Never been on facebook,twitter, or instagram or owned a smart phone. First post on anything anywhere was here in April or May this year.
Yesterday I left my 3g slider phone on roof of jeep on the way to the store. I found most of it an hour or so later in the middle of a busy intersection. They will not sell me one like it or activate one like it, so looks like I will be getting a smart phone. Pretty sure I've been on this forum everyday since April or May. Addictive in a good way.

Anyone compulsively check this forum all day, at work, etc... just curious. I’d say once every half hour I compulsively have to see “what’s new”.
Interesting! I make longer blocks of time but less often throughout the day, anywhere from about 10 minutes up to an hour or two. I tend to get behind during the week but, because the volume of traffic is lower Friday through Sunday, I try to catch up then.

One of my personal “tricks” is to look at both the beginning and the end of what’s in New Posts. The former for obvious reasons, the latter to catch up on things I have missed that have quieted down somewhat.

Unlike social media though the forum is a constant source of inspiration for me. Love you guys.
The forum is what social media could be.

-S-

They will not sell me one like it or activate one like it, so looks like I will be getting a smart phone.

This is off-topic (sorry!), but if you really don't want a smartphone, have you seen the inexpensive phones made by Nokia (I think they call them classic phones) or the rugged feature phones (waterproof, drop-proof etc.) made by companies like CAT (the digger manufacturers)?

This is off-topic (sorry!), but if you really don't want a smartphone, have you seen the inexpensive phones made by Nokia (I think they call them classic phones) or the rugged feature phones (waterproof, drop-proof etc.) made by companies like CAT (the digger manufacturers)?
Yeah, I looked at what my carrier offered and they looked cheaply made, ( my LG VN 280 was solid ) had to make an online apt. just to visit the phone store, which made me aggravated, and I was lazy. Looks like the CAT rugged basic phone, which would be perfect, isn't sold in the USA. and won't work on 4G. I will be checking if that changes. Thanks for sending..

After 90 minutes in a busy intersection:

Attachments

• VIRB_0071.jpg
    VIRB_0071.jpg
    115.4 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
If you want to have construction site-ready equipment, there has been a specialized market for this for years - laptops, cell phones, etc.

-S-

If you want to have construction site-ready equipment, there has been a specialized market for this for years - laptops, cell phones, etc.

-S-
Yes,I'll be better prepared next time. Look for what I want with something already functioning as a back up. For now I'll slap an OtterBox on what they are sending me.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom