all posts post new thread

Kettlebell ROP 2.0

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Heavy day with balls to the wall swings. It’ll be interesting to see what a new version of ROP would have for ballistics.
I've been using simple and sinister as a guide for RoP swings and the StrongFirst snatch standards for my snatch day.

For 50-60% effort snatches, I go off the 100 snatch reps in 5 minutes so, 6 total snatches both arms combined each minute.

For the 70 - 80% Swing days, I go by S&S sets of 10. So 7 to 8 two hand swings each minute per Medium Day.

Then for heavy days it's a set of 10 per minute.

Last edited:
I've been using simple and sinister as a guide for RoP swings and the StrongFirst snatch standards for my snatch day.

For 50-60% effort, I go off the 100 snatch reps in 5 minutes so, 6 total snatches both arms combined each minute.

For the 70 - 80% Swing days, I go by S&S sets of 10. So 7 to 8 two hand swings each minute per Medium Day. Then for heavy days it's an a set of 10 per minute.
Thanks. This is an good plan. I never really knew how to measure the % effort

Thanks. This is an good plan. I never really knew how to measure the % effort

Well it is very hard, because in this conditioning part you have the third dimension "time", not onle reps and weight. If you go EMOM for 5 or 10 minutes the reps per minute are different to achive the same effort. And only for the 100% all out session you can make sure to hit the goal.
I just experienced that in the ROP context.

I found that keeping the same time for every session worked best for me. 12 minutes. every other minute on the minute, as my conditioning improved, I would get to a minute plus for each set. (Although that was years ago)
Then for medium day, just apply the percentage.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom